STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 22 First ... 12202122
    Blog Entries
    A Hellfrost calendar would be nice :-)
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

OK I've got the changes made but I'm having trouble to get it to load. Do I need to replace the calendar mod (the one with the Gregorian and Cyridon)?

Or do I need to rename again and change the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Dweller
    OK I've got the changes made but I'm having trouble to get it to load. Do I need to replace the calendar mod (the one with the Gregorian and Cyridon)?

Or do I need to rename again and change the extension?
    Easiest way is to add your own Calendar Setup into the existing SW Calendars module. Remember that after your changes you have to refresh the module in FG! To do this go to the "Module Activation" window, close the SW Calendars module, and reopen it. This will refresh the content.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    A Hellfrost calendar would be nice :-)
    If you can define following information about Hellfrost calendar I can add it to the SW Calendars module. The same goes for Virtuous Dweller.

• How many days in a week?
    • What are the name of each weekday? Start from the week's first day name
    • How many months in a year?
    • How many days in each month and what is the month's name? Start from the first month name
    • What are the holiday/special days in the, if there is any?
    • Is there special period calculation? Like in Gregorian calendar there is the leap year
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

OK I got it working. I did exactly what Ikael said and that did it Thanks Ikael.

So now with my addition the mod shows the Gregorian, Cyridon (I hope I'm spelling that right) and Hellfrost calendar.

The main issue now I have is that in Hellfrost there are 8 days in a week and 4 weeks in a month. The way the days are said would be the 1st Halfday of Plowmoon to represent week one (1st) Halfday (the day of the week) of the Month of Plowmoon. So there would not be a Monday the 30th for example. In fact there would be no number said higher than 4.

The way the calendar looks from the Hellfrost Calendar PDF is that the days of the week are listed down the left column (so 8 down) and the weeks across the top (4 across).

lol...just thinking of how this may be turning into a bigger project than expected... ahhh how I wish I new more about how computers worked

So does the tag that says <calendar> set up a normal calendar format and then the rest of the tags fill in/change the blanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Dweller
    OK I got it working. I did exactly what Ikael said and that did it Thanks Ikael.

So now with my addition the mod shows the Gregorian, Cyridon (I hope I'm spelling that right) and Hellfrost calendar.

The main issue now I have is that in Hellfrost there are 8 days in a week and 4 weeks in a month. The way the days are said would be the 1st Halfday of Plowmoon to represent week one (1st) Halfday (the day of the week) of the Month of Plowmoon. So there would not be a Monday the 30th for example. In fact there would be no number said higher than 4.

The way the calendar looks from the Hellfrost Calendar PDF is that the days of the week are listed down the left column (so 8 down) and the weeks across the top (4 across).

lol...just thinking of how this may be turning into a bigger project than expected... ahhh how I wish I new more about how computers worked

So does the tag that says <calendar> set up a normal calendar format and then the rest of the tags fill in/change the blanks?
    Glad that you made it. However I am sorry say that Hellfrost's like calendar presentation is not supported. Is it super-necessary to have it look like Hellfrost style? It's just different way to display days of a month.

The SW Calendars module only provides information about calendar system and the rendering part is done elsewhere with the extension code. Making it support Hellfrost style is going to be complicated programming task.

I was afraid of that. It's not super important to have it look or function exactly like the original calendar. Just have to work around it. The main feature I was wanting to use it for were the log entries.

But again thanks for everyone's help with this project. You guys keep up the excellent work.

This is the best thing since sliced bread. I say sir, well done.

Mods, can you lock this thread. It will be continued in the new thread.

Thread Information