DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 22 First 1234513 ... Last

Quick question

I am assuming that one can delete old extensions (.59) if we are happy with how new ones (.61) work. They are not cumulative or dependant on one another, are they?
    Drat. Not Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    Ok, just finished another game, group had no probelms with tokens. All seems to be working fine. Good work ikael
    Glad to hear that update resolved the issue I was driving myself crazy trying to reproduce this issue, but I always had the latest version in use :P

Quote Originally Posted by heyhogan
    I am assuming that one can delete old extensions (.59) if we are happy with how new ones (.61) work. They are not cumulative or dependant on one another, are they?
    Different versions are not dependent on each other so if you find that latest version is good for your needs feel free to delete all the older versions. Note that because this extension is developed on rapid rate it's possible that new version might broke something and that's why I have left at least two previous version available. So if you find an issue, first of all you should report it here, and then can return to use older version which worked previously.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    Ok, Calender is working fine as far as I can see. .. Is it possible to have a GM only entry?
    This is one thing I am planning on doing. My initial idea is that GM should be able to define any entry is GM-only and later disable that.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Other Savage Worlds commercial extension developers: I have had requests from several sources about how compatible this extension is with other commercial products and (unlike previously) I would like to help increasing compatibility with them. At this stage I would love to do some generic research on what functionality other commercial extension extend/adjust. I don't own any of commercial SW producuts that contains extensions and I know I cannot get my hands on their code base because of it, but _if_ and only _if_ it would not be too much to ask I would love to know which windowclasses and global scripts (just names) are being updated by other commercial extension. This would help me to define some ground on incompatibility issues (at this point). One another question, do you use extension's loadorder tag to define in which order the extension is being loaded?

Token/Layer probs

Hi one of my players is having token/ layer issues also, I walked him trough reinstalling FG and updating it to the latest version. It didn't change anything. He can only see thing I put on the background layer nothing else, and strangely he can modify the layer, he can move rotate and rescale tokens on this layer, but he sees nothing that's put on the layers above it. I only tested with one other of my players with everything works as it should, but only if its a preexisting image. With FG created drawings he has the same problem. Another question I have the the adventure card extension is there an easy way to add a second deck from witch i could draw cards(possibly not, but maybe i can simply duplicate the scripts? ) ?
    Last edited by meathome; December 15th, 2012 at 18:11.

Meathome, there's a comment in the 3.5/Pathfinder list of extensions thread about some problem with the layers extension targeting being broken by FG 2.9.2. that may be related to your layers problem.

Happy New Year!

New my years's gift: SWIFI v0.63. This update focused much on library-related improvements but it also contains several minor bug fixes.

Library supports now filtering with two options: free keyword search and dropdown selection. For example edges list can be filtered to display only Novice ranked edges, and skills list can be filtered to list only Smarts linked skills etc. The free keyword search will try to match the keyword to entry's name and to its content and it's case-insensitive.

Each library entry also has samall button on left bottom corner and when you click it, it will append short description about each library entry to you (see attached images).

• Library :: Short descriptions: Functionality added to library entry listing which will displayshort description about the entry below it. In each entry list, there is new button in the left bottom corner which will show and hide these short descriptions.
    • Library :: Filtering: Filtering functionality added to library entry listing. For all cases you can type free keyword which will show entries if keyword is foundfrom entry's name or from its description. Another option is to use list type specific dropdown filtering. Currently three list specific filtering is supported: For NPCentries you can specify to display only wild cards or all, for Edges you can filteredges by their Rank (novice, seasoned etc.) and for Skills you can filter them by their linked attribute.
    • Template :: Filtering template update: Existing filtering template updated so that it can support library entry filtering. The current was that filtering template had functionparameter named the same as the windowlist itself (index). In addition the filter control will automatically pass the filtering keyword to target windowlist if it implements function 'setFilterKeyword(string)'.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    Hi one of my players is having token/ layer issues also, I walked him trough reinstalling FG and updating it to the latest version. It didn't change anything. He can only see thing I put on the background layer nothing else, and strangely he can modify the layer, he can move rotate and rescale tokens on this layer, but he sees nothing that's put on the layers above it. I only tested with one other of my players with everything works as it should, but only if its a preexisting image. With FG created drawings he has the same problem.
    Its recommend to always use images since empty images lack some features in FG and some features are not working correctly. I don't think that I could do much about it but I can second that there are some issues when using empty images/drawings only.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    Another question I have the the adventure card extension is there an easy way to add a second deck from witch i could draw cards(possibly not, but maybe i can simply duplicate the scripts? ) ?
    Sorry, I don't know a thing about the extension, you might want to try asking about it from other threads since the deck extension doesn't relate to SWFI at all.

Up you go! SWIFI v0.64 is here. This quick update adds one new utility: character summary and updates some filtering options and fixes combat exporting.

GM can open Character summary tool from GM tools and s/he can drag and drop any PC or NPC into it. The tool will automatically calcualte how many point character has used for attributes and skills (taking notice on the linked attribute), how many edges and hindrances s/he has. This tool is not perfect but it will give you nice quick preview of char point usage. Players can open this tool by clicking new button next to their rank on character sheet. See the attachment.

Filtering updates includes new dropdown filter: Hindrances can be filtered by their type (Minor or Major).

• Utilities :: Character summary: New utility was implemented to calculate character used attribute, skill and experience points. Players can open this tool from clicking new button next to their rank on their character sheet's main tab. GM can open this from GM tools.
    • Bug fix :: Exporting and activating combat with tokens assigned to image throws error because image reference is not linked to modulename. In addition combat has some tokens are assigned to non-bottom layer, error is thrown on comba activation.

Hi,

I have an issue with image sizing. The extension allows me to re-size image boxes, which is great. However, they open in a different size or aspect ratio than the original file, often larger than the original image. This means I have to re-size the window smaller, scroll zoom in to shrink the image, then re-size the window again to fix the aspect ratio.

When I turn the extension off the images open normally in the same size as the original file.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset it so the images open in the original file size?

Thanks,

milspec
    Last edited by milspec; January 5th, 2013 at 02:03.

Thread Information