5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    As per the norm, my latest 2 players, after showing a fair amount of interest and communication, haven't been heard from for 4 or 5 days now that I'm trying to nail down a game date/time. This brings me back to exactly 0 players. So my expectations are essentially nil at this point.
    Dr_Venture, its my experience that for long term games - a fixed time and date work better if you can swing it. If you players know the game is always at the same day and time then it makes it easier to plan for and they get into the habit of showing up.

That's the problem with all those posts that say: This is an interest check for Whatever Game System. People will tell you they are interested but when it comes time to actually set the date and time to play you lose half of them since the date and time doesn't work for them. You can save them and yourself a fair amount of wasted time by just saying what date or time up front and let them self select.

Regardless of the different methods for retaining players, it is still annoying when a player disappears without a trace without even a john dear letter.

EDIT: All very good pieces of advice mind you
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I realize this isnt directly helpful, but after reading through i cant believe i lucked out in having a group of 4 steady, reliable players right off the get go for the NWOD campaign im running. They even stuck with me through a broken few weeks of me being involved with real life stuff. Go my group!

Thread Information