5E Character Create Playlist

3.5e Spell buff timer

Hey folks kinda new to fantasy grounds II,

Is there a way to monitor a group spell buff.

I.E. Cat's grace mass gets cast say for 15 rounds,
    and Heroes Feast is cast for 12 hours.

Is there a way to track those spells so all know when those spells fall off, after so many rounds have occurred? If so could you also explain how one sets up that effect?

Peace.

There is documentation on effects in the 3.5E User Guide (under the "Library" link at the top of this page) under the Effects section: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...ffects_35E.xcp

Make sure you scroll down and look through all of the "Effects" sections displayed in the menu in the left margin. There are a few examples included.

Effects are controlled through the combat tracker - click the person outline icon to see the effects lines. Here you can add the effects, Cat's grace would be DEX:4 and include how many rounds they will last for. Then, as you step through the rounds using the combat tracker it will reduce the number of rounds remaining and expire at the right time.

Of course, this is fine for durations based in rounds. Longer durations you'll really have to track manually, or use something like a calendar/clock extension to keep track of the in-game time and remind you when items expire - like this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=9942 (See post 40 on page 4 for a screenshot of timed events).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For a group buff, you'll need to apply the effect to each of the characters affected (in the Combat Tracker).

Effects like the ones you mention should really be set up in the appropriate spell (in the Action tab of a PC's character sheet, assuming it's a PC casting the spell). Then that PC's player can just target the group and fire off the effect, which will apply it to everyone targeted with a duration calculated from the PC's stats.

For heroes' feast, and similar-duration spells, I don't usually bother tracking the duration - it's rare that the PCs will be in action outside that time.

Thread Information