DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Since I have multiple PCs of higher level, put me in as an alternate.

Characters:
    Carlos, Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1 - 3836-05 - eligible for any of the First Steps scenarios
    Gildebrando, Human Cleric of Desna 1 - 3836-09 - eligible for First Steps parts 1 & 3, played in 2 already

As a side note, I would refer to play Gildebrando, mainly because he only needs one more XP to reach 2nd level, while Carlos only has 1 XP.

XML files attached, actually HLFG files with the extension changed to XML.

Still not having any luck actually importing characters into FG.

Quote Originally Posted by kinevon
    XML files attached, actually HLFG files with the extension changed to XML.

Still not having any luck actually importing characters into FG.
    Have you followed the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16961 under "Import from HeroLabs or PCGen"??

I've just tried Gildebrando and it works fine for me - renamed to .hlfg and imported using the character converter which is found: <FG app data directory>\utilities\CharacterConverter.exe
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Have you followed the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16961 under "Import from HeroLabs or PCGen"??

I've just tried Gildebrando and it works fine for me - renamed to .hlfg and imported using the character converter which is found: <FG app data directory>\utilities\CharacterConverter.exe
    That seems to have done it, I keep forgetting that it requires a secondary program.

Bookmarked the page you linked, pinned the converter to the menu, so maybe I'll remember it in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Here's the character I signed up with, had to figure out how to do all the uploading and everything
    FGII License: Full License

Games Played: Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga Edition

Quote Originally Posted by kinevon
    That seems to have done it, I keep forgetting that it requires a secondary program.

Bookmarked the page you linked, pinned the converter to the menu, so maybe I'll remember it in the future.

Thanks for your help.
    No worries - glad you got it sorted and pinned for the future!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, looks like this was a good idea.

So far, Part 2 is out, and it's looking like Part 1. I think I'll do Part 3 in a week or two.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout
    Session Day and Time and time zone: Friday November 2nd 7pm CDT
    GMT Offset: -5
    Duration: 4-5 hours
    Fantasy Grounds license: Full
    Chat type: Teamspeak (fgts.servegame.com)
    Tiers and subtiers valid for this scenario: 1 only. May be replayed for credit with a new character.

Throwing this one out there. I ask that the regulars let players who haven't played these before or who don't have a character in the 3-5 level range get the first go.

Be sure to sign up both here and on the calendar page.

If you don't know, there are three First Step scenarios, none of which need to played first, or at all. I'll decide which one we'll play later, so if you've got a request or have already played one of them with the character you're playing, let me know.

Please try to post your character here 24 hours in advance so I can look over it.
    Hi - I've never played PFS before, but am reasonably experienced with 3.5e and have tons of experience with older iterations.

I do have a PFS number, but not at hand right now since I'm at work; can post tonight.

I don't mind playing whatever the group needs; right now that looks like either a Rogue (preferable) or a Wizard of some kind, probably will be Human if accepted.

Have applied on the game page.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Raptor Ofdabeat

Dearest MorQuesse,

I share good greating with you and hope to meet you soon. I look forward to the adventures our people shall muster together to rid this place of those who lack remorse for their ill deeds. Mayhap we will find convert's too our Lady Sarenrae. To this end I truly look forward to your pressence of truest faith in our trying moments. I sit here after sharpening my Scimitar and mentally prepare for those it must be used on to deliver Sarenrae'a swift justice when they fail to redeem themselves!

I shall work diligently to fill our group with cheer during our travels as well as our most trying times. Your words shall prehaps lead our group to seek Lady Sarenrae's guidance in our path and mayhap they will see her divine path and choose to follow it. If all else when they feel the gifts of her divine warmth delivered thru you, her divine vessel, during their most fearfull and bloody moments when their bodies and souls are weakened, they will see her mercy and gifts to those deserving and adjusts their paths to her walk.

I look forward to sharing stories of victories and learning more fro myour studies as her vessel of knowledge and going forth and delivering the songs and stories of our achievements thru her gifts. I invite you to join me in dance each morning and give praise to the rising sun (dawnflower).

Your faithful companion,

Raptor, Minstrel of the Pharaoh's
    Raptor - Level 1 Half-Elven Bard(Dawnflower Dervish)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Hi - I've never played PFS before, but am reasonably experienced with 3.5e and have tons of experience with older iterations.

I do have a PFS number, but not at hand right now since I'm at work; can post tonight.

I don't mind playing whatever the group needs; right now that looks like either a Rogue (preferable) or a Wizard of some kind, probably will be Human if accepted.

Have applied on the game page.
    You're in. Play what you want to play, because you never know who you'll be playing with next time. Both rogue and wizard will find things to do, but aren't necessary.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout
    You're in. Play what you want to play, because you never know who you'll be playing with next time. Both rogue and wizard will find things to do, but aren't necessary.
    Some minor advice:

Get the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play (currently v4.2) from the Paizo web site.

For your first game, you can get by using the Paizo PRD, also accessible from their web site. If you decide you like Pathfinder, the Core Rulebook is the place to start.

If you decide to start picking up other books from Paizo for Pathfinder, the Additional Resources page, linked from the Pathfinder Society (PFS) area on Paizo's boards, lists out what is PFS legal for each resource.

PFS uses a 20 point buy, which uses a slightly different point cost chart than 3.5 had, so be careful of that, 20 points is actually about equal to 25 under 3.5.

Overall, PFS is not the PC killer that LG was, so no need to go for a 20 in your primary stat, nor a minimum of 14 in your Con, although dumping Con is not a good idea, either. No need to be a one-trick pony, having some skills and combat capability never hurts.

PFS uses factions, and all PCs need to belong to one of the ten factions, but not for the First Steps scenarios, which serve as a fairly good introduction to all the factions, if you play in all 3 of the scenarios.

Two traits are standard for PFS PCs, although, if you play the First Step scenarios first, you can leave one open for a Faction trait. Basic traits are available from the free web enhancement on Paizo's web site. (Yes, a lot of my comments lead you back there)

PF feat gain is at a totally different rate than in 3.5, along with the Core classes being a nit more powerful than their 3.5 counterparts.

All PF PCs gain a character feat at every odd level.
    Humans gain a bonus feat at first level, still.
    Humans, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs get to put a +2 to a single stat, no penalties. Makes Half-Orcs, for one, a lot more flexible than in 3.5.
    Fighters gain a bonus feat at first level, and every even numbered Fighter level past that.

So, all PF PCs start with at least one feat, and a Human Fighter actually starts with three.

Some of the power boosts to core classes:
    Cleric: Channel Energy, an area of effect heal
    Fighter: Level-based bonuses for armor and weapon use. A 7th level Fighter in Adamantine Plate can move as fast, Strength willing, as a 1st level Wizard in robes.
    Paladin: Self-healing, area healing, special healing abilities that go along with the area healing, better Smites
    Ranger: Terrain benefits, as well as favored enemies, among other things
    Rogue: Talents, which are about he same strength as feats (indeed, some of the talents give feats)
    Sorcerer: Bloodlines are standard, and can enhance flavor as well as power
    Wizards: Schools are better, including the option to be a generalist.

Also, as mentioned, you don't have to play a Rogue or Wizard, but if you like those classes, you don't have to play something else, either.

As time passes, if you find you enjoy playing in PFS events, you will probably, like many of us, build up a stable of PCs of different classes, builds and level.

Myself, I have 14 active PFS PCs, ranging from 1st level with 1 XP (Carlos), up to 12th level with 33 XP (Callarek). Did I forget to mention that XP is handled differently? It is covered in the Guide. So is item purchase limits, illegal Core spells and feats, and how item upgrading is handled and allowed.

Sorry for running on so long.

Marty

Thread Information