STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

This game really could use more exposure.

I have been doing Pen and Paper all my life and just last month was I introduced to FG2 by a friend. I would have bought this years ago had I known it existed.

I agree completely. Spread the word. At least that is what I try to do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestion. We struggle with the best way to reach people and do a bunch of web advertising, affiliate sites, gen con and other conventions each year and even TV advertising in some areas (Dish Network only.) Looking at your own habits, what would have been the best way to get it in front of you over the years?

-Doug

I agree, you/we need to spread the word .

I found it in a newsletter from ICE where they talked about FG2 RM module getting a new and better version (must be your work they talked about Dakadin ). We had not played for a long time because of real life getting in the way. So I dug in and found out what I could.

Steam would have been nice .

First you have to pinpoint WHO you want to catch. Personally I believe you have to go for people like me: Have been playing for a long time/a long time ago. Real life is a showstopper for allnighters. Group is split physically and getting together is a big project. It would be awsome, but I dont think you are going to have a hard time getting young, new players.

I actually tried to find something a few years ago. My first problem was how to search for something you don't know what's called. I know now it a VTT, but I didn't then...

I just had another idea but don't have time to write it now, will post it later.

LATER!

*jumps on the train to ride to work*

Blog Entries
    i think its easier to get the older gamers to spend the dollars on the game too. younger gamers... well... they are used to getting everything for free

One positive thing that many people don't think about, the relative obscurity and entry fee create a very excellent community. I remember some of the groups I would get together when I used OpenRPG. The party would often kill each other, or get killed before they reached level 2.
    I'll cast magic missle at the darkness!

One thing us at PCGen has found useful is have our users distribute one page flyers at conventions & stores.

Here's a link to ours.

Typically I'll have a couple of thousand printed up for GenCon, and then mail left overs to people when they ask for them.

When I get my ultimate licence (shockbolt's tokens set my funds back a bit), I plan to host introductions to Fantasy Grounds using the RMC ruleset and target the Iron Crown forums to attract more Rolemaster players here.

I recommend others do the same with their favourite ruleset, promoting on the relevant publisher/fan forums.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Thats a good idea Bennis. Dakadin have done almost the same. He offered me an introduction (not a game session) to the RM module, when I asked about it on ICE forum.

My first idea was a bit far out now that I had some time to think about it, I think its a bit much. But anyway, very short, here we go you guys at Smiteworks can consider it if you like or just forget it:
    Schools, at least where I live (Denmark) have computer rooms. If you could eg. offer a school one ultimate licens and the others could just use the demo version. Combined with a visit from a FG-ambassador who could run a senario and help upcomming GM get started.
    Just a thought and I think it would demand alot of time from some willing to do it . One of the reasons alot of us use FG2 in the first place is lack of time. So it was just a though on how to get new and young people to try it.
    In the 80'ies I made a deal with my local library to run a mini-con after a we had had our books and miniatures on display for a week. That was a huge succes and our little RPG-club grew rapidly in members. But again, that was the 80'ies.

Now for oldies like me, I think if I was contacted by one of my old RPG-buddies from then, about this VTT that would enable me to play like in the old times, without the hassle of getting physical together, or I can even join a game online with new people if I dont have anyoneto play with anymore, I would check it out.
    So: make a list of the players you knew and probably could find via Facebook and the other social medias we have now, do it! Get back to your old contacts, just like you looked for you old classmate to see how they looked now, what they work with, etc .

Also, do you have ANY idea of how many MMORPG players who have actually played PnP? from my experience, ALOT. So why not try to share the word in those forums too? I for one are member of at least two I can think of where it would be ok to do so.

The REAL trick is to make it NOT feel pressed. With all the spam and blinking banners out there, people tend to ignore things like that and rightfully so! So I would not go on a forum where I'm not known, and only do it on a forum where my name would mean someone actually read the post I made and take it seriously.

Sorry, it got a bit long...

Thread Information