FG Spreadshirt Swag

Does this ruleset support Enhanced Images?

Hi,

Has Savage Worlds got the Enhanced Images extension?

I currently play BRP but due to the lack of support it receives I'm now looking for another ruleset, and I really do not want to use D20 or pathfinder !

Bad news... not currently

Better news... SavageWorlds v3.4 just began development and it's main goal is to bring SW back up to 4E standard, which hasn't been focused on since v3.2.

That said, I'm not overly familiar with how the Enhanced Images extension was written, and how it fits in with the latest 4E ruleset (e.g. has it been made part of the ruleset now ? Does it work with the latest 4E ? Is it using any of the token widget functions ? ) but can presume it shouldn't be too hard to retrofit onto the SW ruleset once it's updated. Perhaps it's possible even now ? Not sure.

Also slightly better news... I am also a huge BRP (and Runequest) fan, and once I've spent the effort getting up to speed with the guts of 4E and pushing them into SW, I am looking to overhaul BRP too (see this thread -> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d.php?t=17495). I recall that you've already commented on that thread too, but just wanted to mention it here too. BRP will rise again !

So I think the action here is I'd need to understand the state of play with the Enhanced Images extension, it's compatibility with the latest 4E ruleset and what it "needs" for a ruleset to work. Bit busy at the moment, so if your able to do any legwork / research here, that'd be helpful. Not sure if converting the extension is something someone else might be able to take on (with me providing the required ruleset changes) as I must admit just keeping rulesets ticking over is work enough !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    So I think the action here is I'd need to understand the state of play with the Enhanced Images extension, it's compatibility with the latest 4E ruleset and what it "needs" for a ruleset to work. Bit busy at the moment, so if your able to do any legwork / research here, that'd be helpful. Not sure if converting the extension is something someone else might be able to take on (with me providing the required ruleset changes) as I must admit just keeping rulesets ticking over is work enough !
    Version 1.41 is available for download from Dr Zeuss's website (you will need to register): https://www.drzeuss.co.uk/fantasy-gr...ii/extensions/

It works with V2.9.1 of 4E at the moment and I've just done some limited testing with the current 2.9.2 test version and it appears to work fine.

The main thing it does is add the layers and some new buttons to the image window (through adventure_images.xml), the underlying code is in a new script (imagewindow.lua) which has code changes in imagewindow_image.lua to utilise the new code.

Hope that helps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Converting Enhanced Images ext features into SW is doable and simple. I have already made POC for SW regarding it and had planned on including it into SWFI ext, but never had enough time to do that yet. You can find the POC ext from SWFI thread (or directly https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...33#post125833). Not sure if it contains all latest features but its good starting place
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Loving your extension, would be awesome if it includes the multi-layering part of enhanced images

Is there a location that has constant updates of your hard work so I can keep on top of it?

Thread Information