STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Quick update on C&C 3.0

Things are pretty quiet in this forum - I hope that when I get this update done, it's not just me and the play testers celebrating!

This is just a quick note to let folks know it's being worked on. I'm just starting to get my brain wrapped around developing in FG2... got a few scripts done, a few small mods in place. There is an pretty extensive rework to the graphics, which I think looks pretty sharp, and the Smiteworks guys have given an initial OK to. All the major functionality is in place and basically usable (thanks to our mysteriously departed friend Sorcerer - thank you my friend, wherever you are). My job is just cleaning up the many smallish errors/bugs. It'll still be a while as the going is slow, but it *is* being worked on.

Many, many thanks to my code sensei, Dakadin, who has been very patient and kind to give me tips and directions, even when he has so much FG dev work on his own plate. Three cheers and a tiger for you!!!

So check in, you C&C players and GMs: how many of you are there?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Im just starting a new campaign next week. Looks like I will have a few players who will be new to Fantasy Grounds and to Castles & Crusades.

Thanks for the work.

It is always appreciated when anyone adds to a ruleset.
    Have you thought about setting up a wishlist for users to submit? That might elicit more visible interest in your project. Just an idea.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

I haven't set up a list yet, as there's so much work to be done just finishing what's on the table, and I still find the whole project so daunting. This will be a pretty substantial update with a lot of nifty features, and a couple of very useful ones. But I do agree: once this one's done and folks know where we're starting from, I'll start up one of those lists to get folks discussing what would improve their game the most. Thanks, dittotb! Are you a C&C player, or just showing support?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

The Idea Informer site is really easy to set up for wish lists, if you want to give it a try. Thanks to PhantomWhale for scoping it out first. Check my sig for the FG wish list as an example.

JPG

Yes I am a CnC'er

I run two games currently using CnC.
    I have run many different systems in my life.
    I have been involved with roleplaying since highschool in the 70's.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

Sounds like we're very similar in our gaming and history I love knowing that all this pain in the butt is going to be appreciated by folks other than me. You'll like the new version - some much needed functionality. Still no group pages, like 3.5/4e - which I'm dying for - but rollable tables and draggable inventory are awesome! Ran the first session of my test campaign last night, and everything worked as expected, so that's good.

Blog Entries
    im not really sure what features im looking for? drag and drog equipment and spells are of course very useful. what else does it really need to do?

Thing's I'd like which aren't in either the current or development versions of the ruleset, just off the top of my head:

* Now that the inventory will be drag/dropable, I'd love some kind of 'shopping cart' window that you could drop items into and it would tally the costs... then when you were done, would transfer the items to a selected character.

* A party sheet like 3.5/4e, that has total party inventory & money, marching order, sleep schedule, abilities overview, languages overview, etc.

* Inventory sheet that is collapsible, so that you can hide & show the contents of containers.

* I'd *really* like to implement some kind of battlemat layering, so that scenic items could be put on a lower layer than the combatants, etc. I believe Dr. Z has implemented something like this - perhaps it can be ported.

* Supporting some of the optional rules from the CK's Guide, like alternate ability bonus tables.

* Hierarchical & collapsible Modifiers and Effects window (just the basic modifiers from the & a lot of scrolling rulebooks makes for a lengthy list).

* The new version will have rollable tables, so making all of the tables in the tables in both of the main rulebooks rollable within the ruleset would be sweet.

...there are more, but that's just off the top of my head. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but I think that this next version covers several of the big things I was looking for in an upgrade.

Oh, and I don't know if this is even possible (Dakadin? Moon?) but I'd *love* to add some way for the GM to be able to change the 'speaker' of a chat window entry after it's been entered. Specifically, there is at least 3 or more times per session that as GM, I type in a line of text and forget to check the ID of the speaker, so it shows some dramatic text in the GM's voice, or I enter spoken text as a story item without thinking. Very frustrating! I'd love the ability to use a drop-down or context menu or something to change the speaker to one of the other IDs that the GM has available at that moment down on the bottom left side of the screen.

...but I have a sinking feeling that the chat text isn't entered into an easily editable XML doc when it's added...

Thread Information