DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 44 of 54 First ... 344243444546 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Can someone please explain to me step-by-step how this should work?
    I am a dumb person

*Mod Update*

Don't use obscenities on the site, either directed towards other people or not. You can express your frustrations in a better way and ask for assistance, but not like that.
    Last edited by ddavison; June 25th, 2017 at 03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkan View Post
    Removed quote with obscenities
    Mate, Chill out. That sort of outburst is not needed.

What issue are you having, what ISN'T working how you intended?
    Powers, Items are the only things that have functionality and work drag-and-drop, but everything else works as library reference modules. 4e won't auto-populate feat effects (no ruleset does this actually), and 4e doesn't autopopulate classes like 5e does. This is partly because there is no official 4e content licensed for FG use, so it is not in Smitework's interest to develop tools that they cannot even use or sell. However, the use of FG for combat tracking, power/effects tracking and character sheet use is still incredibly useful.

If you explain what you're hoping to achieve, perhaps I can help, or others on this forum can help you get to that point.

For example, I can get all these things to work as a player's module https://puu.sh/wtwlC/87a8c17a75.jpg and you can see what it produces for them. Are you having no luck reaching this point? Or simply unhappy with the final results
    Last edited by ddavison; June 25th, 2017 at 03:12.

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 4E Feats:client.xml - Error on line 26002: Error reading end tag.
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 4E Feats:client.xml - Error on line 26002: Error reading end tag.

Or Or ORRRR !!! My favorite:
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 4E Feats:client.xml - Error on line 24072: Error reading Attributes.

If you like, I can invite you to my discord, where real time chat might be of more use in helping you sort this out. https://discord.gg/uEp3MY

I hope to achieve whatever 4EParser brags to achieve: get the <snip> content from DDI Compendium, make it a nice shiny module, then use it inside Fantasy Grounds to make things easier!
    Last edited by ddavison; June 25th, 2017 at 03:13.

Blog Entries
    Stop with the obscenities or we will be forced to kick you from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkan View Post
    I hope to achieve whatever 4EParser brags to achieve: get the <snip> content from DDI Compendium, make it a nice shiny module, then use it inside Fantasy Grounds to make things easier!
    Please chill, I understand your frustration because it's not a click and go solution.
    There are reasons why it's required to do it this way, mainly licensing and legal reasons as far as I understand.

The tool is made free of charge and it works quite awesomely when you understand how it works, there are some videos online teaching how to do it plus in the past couple of pages there is a lot of information on how to do this from scratch.

Spite even offered to help you out, I hope it all worked out for you in the end.
    If not we can help you in a civil and relaxed manner.

Hello all,

I use Fantasy Grounds on a mac through Steam and I parsed the ddi data just yesterday.

I used CompendiumFileParser.exe and I got the same error as Drakkan for my feats

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 4E Feats:db.xml - Error on line 24072: Error reading Attributes.

This is an error that pops up when I try to enable my Feats.mod from inside FG. Now, I have two xml files named "db". The first is automatically created inside a folder along with definition.xml and thumbnail.png but it doesn't have 24.000 lines. The other one is inside the .mod file and it is called .\db.xml but the specific line doesn't have anything out of the ordinary.

I used the parser again and this time I chose client.xml. I restarted FG with the new Feats.mod. This time it worked without an error! But... it only got 1361 out of the 3271 feats.

I then tried with the common.xml file. The same thing as with the client.xml happened (1361/3271).

In every case the parser window showed me this message:

Working, please wait
    Processing Start Time = 7/3/2017 3:54:16 PM
    00:00:00.25: Read File
    NOT PARSED: feat: Just Sacrifice: <.</P>" target=_new>Dragon Magazine 381</A>, page(s) 93>
    NOT PARSED: feat: Just Sacrifice: <.</P>>
    3271 Total Entries
    3271 Total Resulting Parsed Entries
    Filtering
    1316 Total Resulting Filtered Parsed Entries
    Processing End Time = 7/3/2017 3:54:19 PM
    Processing Total Time = 00:00:03

Done - Created folder: Feats

If .mod file creation fails, use FGPEMUtility to convert to .mod file
    Now, if the problem is Dragon Magazine 381, I could exclude it from the list and solve the problem BUT when I create the Valid Sources.txt file with everything inside except DM381 it still downloads... 3271 feats. I don't know if the Valid Sources thing was supposed to work only with the 4eParser.exe (which I cannot use since I am on a mac).

I got a similar error for the line 20732 with the traps module.

Thank you in advance.

Thread Information