FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 54 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Added new version with minor updates:
    1) Mildly improved GUI look (to improve understanding)
    2) Monster indexes now include options for seeing old or new monsters only. (I usually only care about new monsters.)
    3) Deities work like feats to show info better and so they can be added to character sheet.
    4) Traps now have alphabetic index.
    5) Classes & Races indexes now just list name.
    6) Features use the feature name in the description instead of a generic name (e.g., "Arcane Sword Feature" instead of "Epic Destiny Feature")

I did a lot of refactoring of the underlying code, so I may have inadvertantly added new bugs. Please let me know if you see anything broken. Thank you
    Last edited by valeros; May 25th, 2013 at 22:27.

Looking good Valeros. Out of curiosity, if you don't like the older monsters have you considered an option to update them during the parse? It would seem pretty trivial to do during the scrape.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Looking good Valeros. Out of curiosity, if you don't like the older monsters have you considered an option to update them during the parse? It would seem pretty trivial to do during the scrape.
    Hi!

Now THAT is a great idea. I tend to update them manually when I make an adventure now. But to have them updated already would be a HUGE improvement.

What you think Valeros?

Primarch

Hi!

Valeros, I may have discovered a potential "bug" on the last parser release.

It seems that in "items" regardless if the parse is doing the items alone or as part of a download/parser with several other things the entries specifically pertaining to IMPLEMENTS (heroic, paragon and epic) the lists are cut short.

For example the total item count for items is 10040. Implements have three sections:

Magic-implement-heroic (685)
    Magic-implement-paragon (1044)
    Magic implement-epic (1127)

Under magic-implement-heroic (685) The last entry is "Staff of the Evader +1". There are no entries after this thus no heroic implements that appear later in the alphabetical order (like all the wands for example).

The same happens under the paragon implements which the last entry is "roaring bear totem +4", no items starting "s" or later appear.

Same under epic implements where the last entry is "Panther totem +6" no items letters "r" or later appear.

The truncation of the item list appear to happen exclusively under the implement headings. No other item heading (armors, weapons, etc) shows this.

Note I CAN SEE the MISSING implement items in the raw downloaded text file. I did this 3 times, doing items on their own and in conjunction with other entries and I see the same truncation of the list for implements always ending in the same entries noted above, although they are present in the raw files.

I also downloaded parsed them in different formats like common, client, db and the same problem is seen.

Note that using an earlier parser this DOES NOT occur. It appears to have been introduced only in the latest one.

I have the completed modules as well as the raw files if you'd like me to send them to you for troubleshooting.

Let me know how I can be of assistance to you in solving this.

Thanks!

Primarch

I will check into this.

But at first it looks to me like the magic item list is limiting the number of entries to the first 500. I also see it on items other than implements (try anything over 500 entries). On my screen, you can tell that it seems to think there are more entries in the list because the icon of the last entry is not shown fully.

Also, I tried parsing with older parsers (from 3/3/2013 and 11/12/2012) and got the same issue.

I checked the 4E.pak file. The maximum height for the "reference_magicitemtablegroup" in "ref_magicitem_lists.xml" is set to 10000. I checked the one for monsters and found it was set to 100000. So I changed the value to 100000 and that fixed the issue.

So I would recommend that a patch request be made, though I do not know how that is done.

In the mean time you can manually change your 4E.pak file.

<windowclass name="reference_magicitemtablegroup">
    <maximum>
    <width>600</width>
    <height>100000</height>

Quote Originally Posted by valeros
    I checked the 4E.pak file. The maximum height for the "reference_magicitemtablegroup" in "ref_magicitem_lists.xml" is set to 10000. I checked the one for monsters and found it was set to 100000. So I changed the value to 100000 and that fixed the issue.

So I would recommend that a patch request be made, though I do not know how that is done.

In the mean time you can manually change your 4E.pak file.

<windowclass name="reference_magicitemtablegroup">
    <maximum>
    <width>600</width>
    <height>100000</height>
    Hi!

Yup, that fixed it for sure.

I suggest forwarding this request to ddavision or moon_wizard. You can PM them, thier usernames and link to contact them are easily found in the "city hall" forum.

It would seem a very easy to rectify this.

Primarch

Kind of odd. All base armor in my library have no item cost except for the items in the first players handbook. Some other random items (Like a couple of weapons) lack stats as well. Maybe this isn't a parser issue though.

Fantasy Grounds 2 Ultimate License User
    Player and GM for D&D 3rd, 4th, 5th, Pathfinder, New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, and Hunter), Nobilis, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings (4E), Eclipse Phase, Burning Wheel, Mouseguard and Microscope.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, masterwork armor is only used with magic armor of a certain plus or higher so it is never bought stand alone - the price of the masterwork armor is included in the base magic item cost. Some examples of these armors are Feyweave, Starweave, Githweave, ect. AV has all masterwork armor, while all the base armors are in the PH, HotFL, HotFK, and some new ones in Mordenkainens.

I went to updated my Dark Sun Campaign setting book and I noticed a problem with the parser Source Drop Down. Normally for a campaign book I would select Backgrounds under Search then Dark Sun Campaign Setting under Source. The problem I found is that under Source the drop down list is cut off at "-" and just shows the top six or seven lines. This is true for Backgrounds, Character Themes, Classes, and so on; in fact, it seems to be cut off for anything but Creatures, Glossary, Items and Powers.

Thread Information