DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 54 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Is it worth reparsing with the changes that weremade for 3,2,0? Or will existing modules work with the changes to libraries?

Greetings all!

Trying to get this 4e thing a go, and have parsed all material into module. I get this error on accessing powers though:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (flavor) in windowclass (power_stats)
    Script Error: [string "power_stats"]:1: attempt to index global 'flavor' (a nil value)

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

The problem as far as I can tell is that the update expects the flavor text to be a "formattedtext" field instead of a "string" field. I can change the parser for that, but not sure if that will break anything else. Also, I do not believe Powers are the only thing with flavor text, so not sure if that change affects other types now. I would think just Powers since the 3.2.2 update made a change to Powers and Feats, but I do not think Feats not have flavor text.

I noticed the same thing, and was wondering if I would need to rerun the parser or do a find and replace in the files.

Never Mind...I was hoping to just do a find and replace on <flavor type="string"> to <flavor type="formattedtext"> in the db.xml and recompile the mod...but i see that's not how that works.

Overall though, I'm getting the error message now on all powers, but nothing else so far.
    Last edited by Crossems; January 22nd, 2017 at 00:56.

Also found it to be the case with Epic Destinies and Races.

Found a manual work around.

1. copy the [Content_Types].xml from a parsed .mod file and place it into the same folder as your parsed files (db.xml, definitions.xml and thumbnail.png).
    2. do a find and replace on the db.xml for <flavor type="string"> to <flavor type="formattedtext">.

NOTE: This will not work for Items and Rituals, those elements still require <flavor type="string">. I used notepad++ to edit my file, that way i can do a global find and replace, and then select the Items and Rituals elements and return the flovor element to <flavor type="string">

3. zip all the files into a new zip.
    4. rename the .zip file to .mod file and copy it into your FG Modules folder.
    5. restart FG, and all parts should now work.

So far I've verified: Backgrounds, Diseases, Epic Destinies, Feats, Items, Monsters, Poisons, Paragon Paths, Powers, Rituals, Terrain and Traps all working with this method.
    Last edited by Crossems; January 27th, 2017 at 01:44.

Thanks for the info it seems that this will be fixed in the 3.2.4 release of fantasy grounds.

"[4E] Flavor text data error when viewing powers depending on parser used. Changed to use string data type, and to load either. Only string data can be edited."

Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    Thanks for the info it seems that this will be fixed in the 3.2.4 release of fantasy grounds.

"[4E] Flavor text data error when viewing powers depending on parser used. Changed to use string data type, and to load either. Only string data can be edited."
    Excellent!

So quick question, can this parser also parse the monsters with tokens?

So quick question, can this parser also parse the monsters with tokens?
    Yes and no, as I am not sure exactly what you mean.

So when the parser runs, it leaves an output folder as well as the ".mod" file. In that folder, create a "tokens" folder. Under that folder, create a folder named the same as the module. (Not sure why I did that, I should change that in a future version.) If you then put PNG tokens named the same as the monster in all lower case and ending in ".png", then the tokens should associate with the monster.

So for example, I create a module named "Monster Vault". Then in the folder called "Monster Vault" that is left by the parser, I create a directory called "tokens" and under that a directory called "Monster Vault" and under that a token named "orc archer.png". Then I zip it all back up (from inside the top "Monster Vault" directory), rename the zip file to "Monster Vault.mod", and drop it in the "modules" folder in Fantasy Grounds. When I then open that module, the "Orc Archer" monster will have that token already associated with it.

Is that what you are asking? If not, what tokens?

It would be nice if this parser automatically linked to the tokens that can be purchased for Fantasy Grounds (i.e., D&D Tokens Volume 1 & 2), but those tokens only cover a few monsters and I do not have the info (module name and specific token names) to have the tool automatically associate them. Given a list of monster names to token names, I could setup an option to link automatically to the those tokens or Darkwoulfe's, Devin Night's. etc.

Thread Information