DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 54 First ... 394748495051 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Quote Originally Posted by nixxrite View Post
    Searched the thread for tokens, not sure what the latest is but I'm trying to parse Kingdom of Ghouls with tokens. I've created the original folder, added the tokens and named folder and put the tokens in lower case in said folder e.g. Kingdom of Ghouls\tokens\Kingdom of Ghouls\great flameskull.png and so far all good. Tried recreating the mod and can't see the tokens.
    Instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post323781 After adding the tokens you need to recreate the module file manually (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by nixxrite View Post
    Tried zipping the output folder and changing the file to .mod but fantasy grounds doesn't recognise it.
    Make sure you compress using ZIP format, and make sure that you compress from within the module directory - not from outside of it. The base module files need to be at the root of the ZIP file. Then rename .ZIP to .mod - and make sure you have view file extensions turned on in Windows file explorer so you're properly renaming the file extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I just checked and what you did seems correct. It expects that under your base "Kingdom of Ghouls" folder (which contains db.xml), there would be a folder called "tokens" and inside it a folder called "Kingdom of Ghouls". Then inside that folder the image would be "great flameskull.png".

I just tested by building a new module with the newest parser and then adding the token after. It worked as expected. You can look in the db.xml file to see what it expects. It should look something like this:
    <token type="token">tokens/Kingdom of the Ghouls/great flameskull.png@Kingdom of the Ghouls</token>

So when the parser originally ran, it should have automatically put a "Kingdom of the Ghouls.mod" file (without your token) in the "modules" folder in Fantasy Grounds. Did you delete that one? Did you copy the new base "Kingdom of the Ghouls" folder over to the "modules" directory after you added the token?

(Oops, sorry, I did not see Trenloe's post before I posted. He got it. )

Last edited by valeros; April 17th, 2019 at 01:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure you compress using ZIP format, and make sure that you compress from within the module directory - not from outside of it. The base module files need to be at the root of the ZIP file. Then rename .ZIP to .mod - and make sure you have view file extensions turned on in Windows file explorer so you're properly renaming the file extension.
    Ahhh, my bad, I zipped from the top level which obviously adds another layer. Thanks all for the replies, really appreciated.

Parsing wont Work

Hi guys, was there an update for the parser for 4th edition within the last 3 months. I have the parser and i have parsed all the files except for the monsters. However when i click on the navigate to compendium button it sayd log into ddi but at the bottom of the parser i have already logged in any help would be appreciated im missing that one last module right now and cant get it to pick up my ddi no matter what i do. And yes my ddi is active and current.

Hi guys i solved the issue apparently there was an update i missed.
    Last edited by Ryjulserenity; April 18th, 2019 at 23:39.

So for some reason the parser, after working OK, now seems to refuse to create the .mod file. I get a folder after parse that only contains thumbnail.png and the definition.xml w/o a database.xml, as well as two txtfiles outside of the folder and a 0KB xml file. I tried to find the utility mentioned in the popup, be according to posts by Moon Wizard it has been deprecated...so I am not sure what is causing the parser to fail in .mod creation, nor what to do to finish the mod file. If the folder contained the db.xml I could jsut zip it up and rename it, but not sure if there is a way to convert the .txt file (that seems to have all of the data from the scrape) into the db file.

The .txt file has all the data downloaded, so you can use the program to parse that file. Select the option that lets you pick a file and select that file. It should create a module from that data.

Not sure if anyone is still paying attention here, but I received an email this morning from Wizards stating that the DDI service will no longer be available from 1 Jan 2020. No specific mention of the compendium, but refers to Silverlight platform.

Relevant email paste (emphasis theirs).
    Dear DDI Subscriber,

We appreciate you being a subscriber for so many years! The sheer number of D&D encounters, characters, & creations this service has enabled is truly staggering and we are eternally grateful.

Due to the Silverlight platform no longer being supported by Microsoft, the Dungeons & Dragons Insider service will be ending effective December 31, 2019. All your characters and material will be unavailable starting on January 1, 2020.

I did not get that email, but it was expected. I am actually surprised they have left DDI running as long as they have. So what other RPG would be good that is tactical, combat-focused, and balanced like 4E?

Well this isn't going to stop me playing. There are still offline options for both compendium and character builder.

If you're wanting newer tactical RPGs though, I recommend LANCER, Fragged Empire, and Unity RPG. All are fantastic

spite, thank you for the recommendations, I will definitely check them out.

What offline character builder do you use for 4E? We only play 4E in person and a great character builder is critical. I have looked before but never found another good one.

Thread Information