DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[DL:R] Fanning the hammer/multiple dice actions

I'm going to start playing in a Deadlands game this coming weekend and we're using the excellent Fantasy Grounds program as our tabletop (hence why I am posting on this forum!) but I can't see a way to roll multiple dice for a single action.

Fanning the hammer is an action where you would roll multiple shooting dice but only one wild die and you need to see the results of each die, not just the highest total, is it possible within the rules set? (this type of die rolling would be generally useful for the Savage Worlds ruleset as it applies to the bolt power, guns with a RoF of greater than 1 and the Frenzy edge... and possibly more that I don't know about)

The only way I can see to do it is to make individual rolls of the relevant die type x times and then another separate d6 roll afterwards (to represent the wild die) but that is so time consuming, there must be a better way to do it that I'm just missing.

Ah! the old triple-bolt, full-auto, fanning-the-hammer query!

It's quite straight forward actually single-kick on the skill you want to use this should attach some dice to the cursor, now all you need to do is click the right mouse button, each time you click it will add one more skill die to the roll.

Then drop into the chat window and you FGII rolls all the skill dice and the wild die. All dice will explode as required.

Currently it does not show you which die was the wild die only an issue when skill is also d6 (but will tell you of a critcal fauilure), that said it is the second die rolled I think.

Hope that helps
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

What Doswelk said !

There is a wish list item to make it better - started by me, as it happens it's rarely a problem (hence it hasn't been improved yet) but it could be that little bit better / smoother with baked in support for multi-dice trait test.

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=30691
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Indeed, that does help Doswelk thanks for that, I never would have thought to try that!

phantomwhale, thanks for making the module at all! It's a great aid for us online players.

My question is when unloading your six shooter with "Fannin' the Hammer" the modifier is a -4 to all shots but do you add recoil also making it a -6 to all shots?

Nope
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

When using the auto-fanner on snake eyes it explodes. If I fan my shooter 6 times I roll 6 shooting dice and a wild dice is it if any one shooting dice comes up 1 and the wild dice comes up 1 the pistol explodes? Also the auto-fanner reduces the shooting penalty to -2 does it stack with the hip shooting edge further reducing the penalty to 0?

In SWADE at least I think the rule is that if more than halve die including the wild die are 1 its a crit fail

Thank you

Thread Information