DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 17 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkling
    I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such.
    Usually people throwing out the 'f-word' come across as angry.

Wording seems to be clear for most people, Shockbolt. I'm happy my $50 is getting me the next level of your work!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Text is a hard media to communicate sometimes. Its easy to read or even misread things the wrong way. Congrats to Shockbolt on how the kickstarter is doing and thank you to Smiteworks for making the art available to people with FG licences.

Blog Entries
    @darkling - i think your post was rude and uncalled for. i understood exactly what shockbolt was saying in his posts - i dont think jumping in at the deep end was called for. kickstarter is not a shop. kickstarter is a way for people to guage interst in a project or product and for people to contribute an amount they see fit to bring the project or product to life. sadly some kickstarter projects dont ever get deliverred. but it is not a shop. just like some businesses fail and investors get burnt.
    i contributed at a much higher level and i was a little bummed on one level when i saw that announcement but the simple fact remains that i chose to support the project at a level i chose. and then on top of that - raymond has then voluntarily increased the rewards of most peoples individual reward levels - for many its doubled. i imagine that this was done so that those backers who are also fg license holders didnt feel like they had paid for something they didnt have to. the fact is still that kickstarter is not a shop - you are almost becoming a patron - if all the fg license holders withdrew their pledges the $2000 vtt license that smiteworks bought probably wouldnt cover their absence. i think raymond has shown his appreciation and recognised your (and everyone elses) contributions by straight away increasing the rewards for all liccense holders.
    have a coke/beer/water and enjoy the great artwork and the improved value of both fantasy grounds and the campaign masters kit. everything gets better as a result of this deal.
    if my post is heavy handed i apologise in advance. no offense intended.

Blog Entries
    I thought it would be wise for me to chime in here briefly. First, we wanted to give back to the FG community for free that has continued to support us year after year. Secondly, we like Shockbolt's artwork and he has also started doing some things in support of FG without even asking for payment... so we thought these two things could go well together. We did think for a brief period that giving away something like this for free to active users might potentially damage the view of this offering if they had already paid. After a brief dialogue between Shockbolt and I, he mentioned that he would graciously give "credit" to existing FG customers that would bump them to the next level automatically. Again, this was free.

The thing to keep in mind with Kickstarter is that you haven't paid for anything until the product is launched. If you feel strongly that the funding levels should be adjusted, you have a voice and a method to provide this feedback. Nobody lost anything in any part of this ordeal, nor would they. At the absolute worst, it is akin to putting $10 in your wallet with plans to buy yourself lunch and only to find out that your office is buying everyone lunch for free where you work. You can then use that $10 for something else or buy yourself desert.

I just wanted to thank Smiteworks and Raymond for this new art pack and look at it from a slightly different perspective.

Raymond's artwork is amazing and I am glad he has been willing to make it available through this kickstarter. I've bumped up my pledge level a couple times already because I think it is an amazing opportunity.

When I heard about Smiteworks doing the VTT pledge level and making it available for free to all the FG full and ultimate license holders, I was thrilled even though I was already a backer for more than that amount. One of the reasons I was excited besides the obvious is because that pushed the kickstarter to the 2 stretch goal which gave us the opportunity to get that add on kit even if the kickstarteer doesn't getting anymore backers. So it was great news for a couple reasons!

Then when I heard that Raymond was going to give FG users the equivalent of the next pledge level, I was amazed that he was willing to do that for us. It meant that even the $25 pledge level was going to be getting the first 2 stretch goal add ons as long as they were FG full or ultimate license holders. That is awesome if you ask me!

I hope everyone realizes what a great opportunity this is for FG full and ultimate license holders. Even if you aren't backing the kickstarter you are going to get some amazing artwork to use in your campaign absolutely free! Most backers are getting more for there same pledge levels.

Thanks again Raymond and Smiteworks for making this happen. I really appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    perfect summation! and unless im mistaken i think you are possibly the only backer of the kickstarter and fg license holder who wont benefit from the upgrade... but as you say the next stretch goal was met and its getting close to the temples and holy places too!

Blog Entries
    ooopps - i know Dakadin is a big fan and supporter of the project but i think it might have been Ardem who went all in and is supporting at the highest level below VTT...

i can see several other FG users who are backers so Darkling you are in good company and a patron of the arts!

I must say that although I haven't yet pledged towards the project (I haven't got the green and want to give a decent amount), I still will pledge towards this kickstarter before the time is up. It's absolutely brilliant.

Also, the fact that smiteworks have been so generous here makes me want to fast track my plan to upgrade to ultimate at the earliest opportunity, not only for my own benefit, but also as a way of saying thanks.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I am in the strange situation of having what appears to be the only pledge level not getting a free upgrade ($100 level), but other than mentioning it here I have not complained. The fact that Smiteworks is able to include this artwork as part of FGII is brilliant I think, I'll keep my pledge at it's current level as I pledged before the change and I think the project deserves my money!

In the mean time I removed the offending word from two posts above, in case anyone is wondering why there is reference to swearing when it is not there (First time I have had to moderate anything on this board since I got the power to do so, darkling I am not amused)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    I am in the strange situation of having what appears to be the only pledge level not getting a free upgrade ($100 level), but other than mentioning it here I have not complained. The fact that Smiteworks is able to include this artwork as part of FGII is brilliant I think, I'll keep my pledge at it's current level as I pledged before the change and I think the project deserves my money!
    If you have picked the $100 reward today, you would be upgraded to the $175 reward, after the project has ended.

$100 reward gives you:

base Fantasy art kit + 2 addon kits guaranteed + all addon kits found within reached stretch goals when the projects ends.

Assuming you're a Full or Ultimate license holder of FG2:
    You're now offered to be upgraded to the $175 reward which gives you:

base Fantasy art kit + 2 addon kits guaranteed + all addon kits found within reached stretch goals when project ends + all future addon kits to the Fantasy art kit received for free. (if I make 100 addon kits during my lifetime, you get 100 addon kits)
    + you get 5 custom painted tokens.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

Thread Information