5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    I am now under the impression that those of us who pledged $25 are not allowed to use the art in our home campaigns because of some license? And in order to do so, we needed to pledge almost 200 dollars?! Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Doswelk; October 1st, 2012 at 20:35. Reason: Removal of swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkling
    Really need more information here.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...antasy-art-kit

There's the main Fantasy art kit, also referred to as the base Fantasy art kit.
    Then you have many addon art kits as described in the various stretch goals, each kit contain more fantasy art, made to fit with the base Fantasy art kit. But you can also use the addon(s) by themselves. The idea is that you by using these kits, are able to create campaign maps, and use tokens ontop of those maps, with your rpg campaigns.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

I am now under the impression that those of us who pledged $25 are not allowed to use the art in our home campaigns because of some license? And in order to do so, we needed to pledge almost 200 dollars?! Are you kidding me?
    No, you are mistaken. All this changes, is that the base Fantasy art kit now comes with the Full or Ultimate license of FG2...You still get to use the same version you'll get from the pledge reward, any way you want, even for commercial purposes if you got that pledge reward.

So your $25 pledge reward will still give you the complete base Fantasy art kit, outside of FG2.
    Last edited by Doswelk; October 1st, 2012 at 20:35. Reason: Removal of swearing. (In quote section).

Yes, I backed your kickstarter.

But I do not approve of what's going on here. Your wording seems to indicate we're not allowed to use the tokens in our home campaigns unless we pledge the $175 level. Starting to read this new update, I was pretty thrilled because I figured my $25 pledge would unlock the taverns and castles addons because I am a FG Ultimate license holder already. But then I got to the end and saw you were only talking about the higher tiers. Which made me realize that you seem to think we're paying for these for nothing, as you seem to only "allow" people to use them in their home campaigns at the $175 level.

Am I getting this right???

So does the $25 pledge open up the two tiers for people with FG Ultimate licenses or not?

Yes, I backed your kickstarter.

But I do not approve of what's going on here. Your wording seems to indicate we're not allowed to use the tokens in our home campaigns unless we pledge the $175 level. Starting to read this new update, I was pretty thrilled because I figured my $25 pledge would unlock the taverns and castles addons because I am a FG Ultimate license holder already. But then I got to the end and saw you were only talking about the higher tiers. Which made me realize that you seem to think we're paying for these for nothing, as you seem to only "allow" people to use them in their home campaigns at the $175 level.

Am I getting this right???
    Ok, normally I'm pretty calm when I try to explain things, but right now my words seem only to fuel your reasonless anger.. the higher tiers mentioned in the update..were just examples..

As a backer of $25 or more, you will get both the $15 options, which includes everything in the list posted in the first post of this thread. You will not be getting the Tavern/Inn addon or the Castles addon at this level....normally.

But, since you are a Ultimate license holder of FG2, and you've supported my project before Smiteworks decided to acquire the license to integrate the base Fantasy art kit with the Full and Ultimate licenses, you will get to upgrade your pledge reward to the $50 reward...without pledging more money to the project.

As a result of this, you WILL GET both the Tavern/Inn addon kit AND the Castles/torture chamber & siege engine addon kit.

And you WILL be able to use the base Fantasy art kit, the Tavern/Inn addon AND the Castles/torture chamber & siege engines addon OUTSIDE OF FG2.

FG2/Smiteworks does not prevent you from doing that, neither do I, I'm just happy that you chose to back my project in the first place, and I'm trying to keep current FG2 license holders who've backed my project happy by offering to upgrade their rewards.

You need to use that wording elsewhere! Seriously.

The update you just posted says "anyone who is a backer of my project with the intention of using my art kits as a GM/DM" and then referenced the $175 tier. That led me to re-read the reward tiers, which I had when I pledged but didn't think too much of at the time because $25 was my limit. When I got to "This is the reward for those who would want to create and play your own campaigns", that clicked with the update and is where this misunderstanding came from as that's what DM's do. This wording implies that it's only the $175 tier where you "allow" us to actually use the tokens. You can think it was a stupid assumption all you want but considering how license obsessed the RPG world is, with even the small indie publishers sending copyright trolls after DM's who use their material in PBP and other online games, it's one that actually does require clarification.

And thanks for that clarification. I backed this way back at the start because I thought it'd be a great addition to my game. I just wanted to be certain I could use it.

You need to use that wording elsewhere! Seriously.
    I'm still the main licenseholder of the art kits, what Smiteworks and rpgwithme.com has acquired are non-exclusive licenses to merge the base Fantasy art kit with their software, making it available for those who has the Full or Ultimate licenses.

The fact that Smiteworks chose to acquire the license only lead to you as a backer getting more than what was in your original pledge reward.

What seemed perfectly clear to me, seemed to have caused some confusion, cursing and anger with others. I guess that is what you get sometimes even when you try to do things right. I've now sent out a new update via kickstarter, explaining in detail the recent events.

I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such. I've had some weird and less than pleasant Kickstarter experiences so far and I'm a little jumpy around them. D:

Seriously, your art is fantastic. Thanks for doing this with the community.

I'm not angry. I'm sorry I came across as such. I've had some weird and less than pleasant Kickstarter experiences so far and I'm a little jumpy around them. D:

Seriously, your art is fantastic. Thanks for doing this with the community.
    I had one of the backers leave some unpleasentry comments and then he backpeddaled out of the project, before I had the chance to explain the facts to him. That was mainly the reason for the cursing bit of my last post..

Thread Information