5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Try this path -
    Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Fantasy Grounds/Fantasy Grounds/Contents/Resources/Drive_C/Users/Wineskin/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds

Sorry no suggestions on mouse...
    I don't use Steam so that's not exactly it. I have found the folder through clicking the "folder" button in Fantasy Grounds. But it appears through a funky looking "Windows" type window. While I can view the folders and files, I can't actually interact with them and can't paste images or do anything to them. I've attached a screenshot.

However, when I use Finder, I can't locate these folders at all. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    sorry I dont have a mac but try here: Users/Wineskin/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds or here /Library/Application Support/Fantasy Grounds/Fantasy Grounds/Contents/
    also I think i read somewhere about being able to tell the wineskin to use finder instead of explorer... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-As-I-Thought

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    sorry I dont have a mac but try here: Users/Wineskin/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds or here /Library/Application Support/Fantasy Grounds/Fantasy Grounds/Contents/
    also I think i read somewhere about being able to tell the wineskin to use finder instead of explorer... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-As-I-Thought
    That link was pure money! I found my answer right away. It was a weird solution that I don't understand, but it worked. Thanks a lot!

Agreed actually. But it is what it is.

Hello. I just installed Fantasy Grounds II on my Mac, and I followed all the instructions. It worked perfectly the first time. I restarted my computer, and now I have NO IDEA how to reopen the program. The best I can do is get the Updater to launch and update, but I can't get to the "Load my Campaign" screen. Once the launcher is done, it just says it cannot find the .exe. How do I get BACK to Fantasy Grounds after I have closed the program!?!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I dont have a mac to retest on but i have done this install several times.
    you can create a shortcut to the app at a couple of stages in the process.
    if you cant find a way to do it you can consider the steam install or send me a pm and ill have a look with you

Quote Originally Posted by joewinton View Post
    Hello. I just installed Fantasy Grounds II on my Mac, and I followed all the instructions. It worked perfectly the first time. I restarted my computer, and now I have NO IDEA how to reopen the program. The best I can do is get the Updater to launch and update, but I can't get to the "Load my Campaign" screen. Once the launcher is done, it just says it cannot find the .exe. How do I get BACK to Fantasy Grounds after I have closed the program!?!

Thanks!
    I am having the exact same error. The updater launches, but when I close it, I get an error message that says:

"No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?

If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in C: drive."

Blog Entries
    Welcome BobusX - if you are not familiar with Wineskin I would suggest that you install it from Steam where it will do the full install for you.

If you bought/subscribed prior to 9th August and you have a Steam account with the same email address your key should be also in your steam account:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...71984103326470

Otherwise it wont be there for another 6 weeks...

I dont use a Mac but I have used these instructions to set it up on a number of Macs and Linux and even ChomeOS and the instructions do work...

Hi there, I've recently purchased an Ultimate Package so that I can DM for my friends and they won't have to pay for anything themselves.

My issue is, one of my players has reported to me that Fantasy Grounds can not be installed on her Mac because she has the newest operating system.

Is there a way to solve this situation that we might not realize? Or is that actually the case right now, and therefore, will not be able to use FG on newer macs right now?

Thank you for any assistance or advice beforehand; I really LOVE FG so I need all the help I can get!

Thread Information