5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    I used Wineskin as your tutorial is described, and everything seems to be working, i can launch campaigns, build characters, just fine, However Whenever i try to connect to my other laptop it says "connecting" and freezes. anytime i try to connect to a different computer i get issues. and if i try and host. i can have the server up but people get "cannot connect" errors. is this a normal thing, if so how do i fix it?

Have installed FG2 using WineSkin and all seems fine - but I want to also install the Savage Worlds ruleset, which downloads as an EXE file. Is there anything in particular I need to do to install this?

EDIT: Figured it out now
    Last edited by Grymbok; March 9th, 2013 at 17:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sehmerus
    I used Wineskin as your tutorial is described, and everything seems to be working, i can launch campaigns, build characters, just fine, However Whenever i try to connect to my other laptop it says "connecting" and freezes. anytime i try to connect to a different computer i get issues. and if i try and host. i can have the server up but people get "cannot connect" errors. is this a normal thing, if so how do i fix it?
    In order to host an FGII game you need to ensure your Firewall allows traffic on port 1802 and forwards traffic correctly to your PC (port forwarding).

To see if this is the case, with FGII up an running with a campaign loaded, open a web browser and visit https://canyouseeme.org. Enter 1802 in the port field and click the 'Check your Port' button. If the port forwarding setup on your Firewall is correct, canyouseeme should report that its able to see port 1802 and that the connection is not refused.

If canyouseeme cannot establish a connection, the problem is likely to be down to the configuration of the port forwarding in your Firewall setup.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Using WineSkin to install, i get an error reading

HandleFile: Unable to save file (extensions/Dungeon Theme.ext)

Any advice?

installinge .exe ruleset using wineskin

I been using wineskin now for a few weeks all is been going good, I know how to copy and paste files into the folders needed to setup the rulesets and modules. however i just purchased castles and crusades ruleset and i jut realized its not on Pak and mod files its a setup.exe file. so how do i get wineskin to run that exe file in the already existing fantasy ground wine app? or will i need to run it on a windows computer and then disect the pak and mod files out manually?

Just follow the instructions here: https://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/ti...+The+Installer

And for a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/q72rzKPYPkg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiimbo
    Using WineSkin to install, i get an error reading

HandleFile: Unable to save file (extensions/Dungeon Theme.ext)

Any advice?
    Re-run the FGII updater.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sehmerus
    I been using wineskin now for a few weeks all is been going good, I know how to copy and paste files into the folders needed to setup the rulesets and modules. however i just purchased castles and crusades ruleset and i jut realized its not on Pak and mod files its a setup.exe file. so how do i get wineskin to run that exe file in the already existing fantasy ground wine app? or will i need to run it on a windows computer and then disect the pak and mod files out manually?
    If you right click on the Fantasy Grounds II.app file you created with WineSkin and select Show Package Contents you can launch the Wineskin.app. Once opened, select Install Software, navigate to your setup.exe file and select. This should now run the setup.exe and should install the ruleset/modules to the appropriate FGII app folder.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

EDIT: Failure to follow instructions FTL! I wasn't opening the correct wrapper .app. Fixed now, cheers.

Hi Zeuss - I recently made the switch from PCs to a mac (MBA until the new MBPr models come out this fall). LOVING it, but having issues getting FG2 up and running. I used WineSkin, and got as far as:

-> The FGII EULA should appear. Read and then Click 'I Agree' to continue
    -> A second dialog window will open entitled Settings.

After clicking "I Agree" - nothing happens. Just a spinning dialog that says "Wineskin is currently busy, please wait." I've had to force quit out a few times as I retraced my steps to make sure I didn't miss anything. At first, I realized that I failed to install XQuartz, but that doesn't seem to be it (unless there was something tricky to installing it, logging out and back in, etc.)

Any ideas? The versions for the wrapper/engine were a bit newer than your OP from '12, so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by bnason; August 1st, 2013 at 04:02.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bnason View Post
    EDIT: Failure to follow instructions FTL! I wasn't opening the correct wrapper .app. Fixed now, cheers.

Hi Zeuss - I recently made the switch from PCs to a mac (MBA until the new MBPr models come out this fall). LOVING it, but having issues getting FG2 up and running. I used WineSkin, and got as far as:

-> The FGII EULA should appear. Read and then Click 'I Agree' to continue
    -> A second dialog window will open entitled Settings.

After clicking "I Agree" - nothing happens. Just a spinning dialog that says "Wineskin is currently busy, please wait." I've had to force quit out a few times as I retraced my steps to make sure I didn't miss anything. At first, I realized that I failed to install XQuartz, but that doesn't seem to be it (unless there was something tricky to installing it, logging out and back in, etc.)

Any ideas? The versions for the wrapper/engine were a bit newer than your OP from '12, so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hmm. Not sure.

XQuartz shouldn't strictly speaking need a reboot.

I have tested it with WineSkin 1.7 using the latest wrapper (v2.5.9) and the penultimate release of the Wine Engine (1.5.21) on OS X 10.8.4. All works well using this combination. The latest 1.5.25 wine engine does cause some problems so make sure you haven't selected it. I have updated the notes above accordingly.

Lets see if we can figure out what the problem is.

Right click on the .app file you have made and Select Show Package Contents and then launch the Wineskin.app. From there navigate to Advanced/Tools and click the test run button. FGII should launch. If you get the same spinning ball problem, kill the FGII.app and when it closes, WineSkin will prompt you about the test run finishing and will ask if you if you want to view the run logs, click View.

Two new windows should appear in the Apple TextEdit app, LastRunWine.log and LastRunX11.log. Save these files somewhere, ZIP them up and post back here as an attachment. I'll take a look to see if we can spot any obvious problems.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Thread Information