FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Grounds on Steam Greenlight

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...52&searchtext=

We just posted Fantasy Grounds as a submission to Steam Greenlight. Steam is the most common direct download to PC or Mac distributor for Video Games with more than 50% of the market share. They created Greenlight as a way to test the market for a product before they allow it for sale through Steam. We've tried to submit once in the past and we would love to take advantage of this opportunity to show that a small game company with a niche product does have a place mixed in with the major blockbuster games. Please check it out, share with friends, comment and discuss FG on the Greenlight site and elsewhere.

In addition to providing a broader reach and more people to game with, getting on Steam would also allow us to tap into some cool features to add game lobbies and match-making, network enhancements and more. I saw one other Greenlight product that mentioned giving free Steam keys to all existing customers if they get picked up. I need to look into what that entails, but that sounds like a great way for us to thank the community for the years and years of continued support.

Thanks.

-Doug

I'll definitely vote you up. Maybe it's just my computer but the audio didn't seem that good on the video you linked to. To compressed maybe?

Blog Entries
    Up voted. I'll gift to a few friends.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Voted thumps up too, ofc, I will tell all my steam friends! So if this gets on steam I can join my serial to my steam account?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the support and for the feedback. I plan to go in and re-record the audio with a boom mic. I was doing it from my Mac since I had the video editing there as well and was just too lazy to move my headset and mic over.

Less than a day and we are 22% to the goal according to the stats. We are blowing out the daily average status for the top 100, so maybe there will be some mainstream appeal after all.

To answer the question about the serial #s, we'll have to do a bit more research once Steam starts officially talking with us. The plan would be to push those across if it is at all possible. I think this would allow us to do some pretty cool things for a lobby.

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to add my vote as I think this a fantastic opportunity for Fantasy Grounds II but Steam isn't letting me at the moment. I had to re-register my older account and now its telling me I have to buy or activate a new game before it will let me add a vote for FGII Greenlight

I wasn't really looking for a new game but just spotted an old classic collection (Monkey Island) that looks quite tempting so hopefully I'll be able to cast my vote over this weekend.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    To answer the question about the serial #s, we'll have to do a bit more research once Steam starts officially talking with us. The plan would be to push those across if it is at all possible. I think this would allow us to do some pretty cool things for a lobby.
    What I've seen with other games, is that you can enter your # but it's listed as a non-Steam version on your account - you can't re-download it from Steam and usage stats aren't tracked.

Battlefield 2 Bad Company and Call of Duty: Black Ops are two games that come to mind as examples.

Maybe you can negotiate something different (if Steam's backend is set up to allow it).

Either way, would be super to have FG on Steam.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...52&searchtext=

We just posted Fantasy Grounds as a submission to Steam Greenlight. Steam is the most common direct download to PC or Mac distributor for Video Games with more than 50% of the market share. They created Greenlight as a way to test the market for a product before they allow it for sale through Steam. We've tried to submit once in the past and we would love to take advantage of this opportunity to show that a small game company with a niche product does have a place mixed in with the major blockbuster games. Please check it out, share with friends, comment and discuss FG on the Greenlight site and elsewhere.

In addition to providing a broader reach and more people to game with, getting on Steam would also allow us to tap into some cool features to add game lobbies and match-making, network enhancements and more. I saw one other Greenlight product that mentioned giving free Steam keys to all existing customers if they get picked up. I need to look into what that entails, but that sounds like a great way for us to thank the community for the years and years of continued support.

Thanks.

-Doug
    Will this require poeple to be registered with Steam or have a Steam account to use Fantasy Grounds? If so I will regret this because I won't use Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    I wasn't really looking for a new game but just spotted an old classic collection (Monkey Island) that looks quite tempting so hopefully I'll be able to cast my vote over this weekend.
    One of the best things about Steam, is you can often find that old game you use to play usually for cheap. I like supporting Indie Developers too. I did get sucked in for the full price X-Com remake though.

Thread Information