DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmpaul
    Hi! For weapons and armour, go to the Items pages and create a new item for the weapon or armour, then drag them onto the character sheet to add them to the sheet. Clicking on the grey boxes lets you edit items, and holding down and dragging lets you drag them about. To add things like talents and skills, right click and select 'new item' to add a blank entry, then click the grey box to edit it.
    The weapon and armour data is also pre-loaded into the library. Open up the library, drag the required item onto the character sheet and it will add in the numbers automatically.

Ah, cool! I've pretty much worked all of that out now (and I realised you double click on the portraits to add them in). Thanks. The only thing really is the library. You say various things have been pre-loaded in there, but my library is currently empty. Does there have to be a specific .dll file sitting in a certain folder or something?

You have to activate library modules before they are loaded. To do so with this ruleset start FG, then in the top right of the FG desktop click on the button with the "Modules" tooltip. This will bring up the Module Activation popup. Double click on the graphic to the left of the AFF2E text and the book icon to the right of the text will "open" to show the library is activated. Close the Module Activation popup and then click on the button that has the tooltip "Library" (its right next to the Modules button). You should see the list of items.

So the module activation should be set to this, right?

Whenever I open the library I still don't get anything, either on the DM side or the Player's side.

EDIT: I've just tried activating mods in the 3.5E ruleset and that works fine. I think this might be a bug, and as you can see, not everything is lined up properly in the modules window as it should be.
    Last edited by MountainPeak11; December 27th, 2012 at 13:15.

You need to download the library module "AFF2E - Library.mod" from the website linked in the first post.

Click on "The Ruleset" -> v1.0 -> Modules to find the module file. Download and place in <FG App Data Directory>\modules. The link to <FG App Data Directory> in on your computer under Start > All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

WOW, I feel like such a n00b. I thought it was all grouped together in the pack! Ok so I did that, made sure all the extensions were .mod, but still no luck. I think it's all down to the fact I had to dowload FG twice. The first time was when I just bought it and it didn't work because I'm a 64-bit culprit. So an admin gave me a link to a webfile where I installed it from there. I'm tempted to just uninstall it and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainPeak11
    WOW, I feel like such a n00b. I thought it was all grouped together in the pack! Ok so I did that, made sure all the extensions were .mod, but still no luck. I think it's all down to the fact I had to dowload FG twice. The first time was when I just bought it and it didn't work because I'm a 64-bit culprit. So an admin gave me a link to a webfile where I installed it from there. I'm tempted to just uninstall it and try again.
    I've just downloaded and tested and the data from the module shows up in the library for me. Might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling just to be sure.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah I think I'm onto something. Where exactly am I meant to save the new ruleset? When I opened up FG it said it was missing the base.xml file.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainPeak11
    Ah I think I'm onto something. Where exactly am I meant to save the new ruleset? When I opened up FG it said it was missing the base.xml file.
    Put the AFF2E.PAK file in <FG App Data Directory>\rulesets

Ah see this is the thing: the folder isn't actually there. But it's all cool - I've sorted out what it is. It might be because it's a brand new version, or it's a bit different for 64-bit users, but you have the "Roaming" folder through Start>All Programs>Fantasy Grounds II for all the modules, portraits and so on, but when actually adding rulesets you need to go to it through your C:/ Drive and copy and paste it in there with all the other .pak's.

But thanks for the help anyway. You're all awesome.

Thread Information