FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Spellbooks & Formula Books for Free.

I had a discussion with a player last night and was unsure of the answer although I was certain that I'd never actually PAID for one.

A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from his prohibited schools, if any; see Arcane Schools) plus three 1st-level spells of his choice. The wizard also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to his Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook
    Now if you want to upgrade to a 'Traveling Formula Book' or Spellbook... there is a cost and you CANNOT sell off your 'free' one.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

A bit off topic, but couldn't you have the player start with a compact or traveling spellbook instead of a standard, if they so chose? They're still starting with A spellbook... Just sayin.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

As with everything, that's the GM's prerogative in a home game, but it's the standard 3 lb. spellbook in PFS.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Thread Information