DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    Very few adult groups would go along with a minor experimenting as a GM, I suspect.
    I think that is very dependent on what sort of parent/player they are. Those with a supportive, nurturing sort of attitude do fine with it and are very helpful .. just like with any other sort of novice GM.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thanks for offering to run some games Emrak, I'm sure our kids will have fun.

The whole streaming is cool but I agree with Blackfoot I would still want a couple of adults, like we did in his game (support types healer and what not). Sometimes the game needs to be poked to keep them going on track or to stop side conversations that are out of hand. (Like more games)

Other than some kids (mine specifically) going off on a bunny trail and needing to be rerouted to the mission (then again I know lots of adults who do this in games too) some kids don't have a grasp on the rules. This was another big issue that slowed us down and another reason to have very patient people (adults/parents)in the game. Also I was looking to play with my kids and enjoy the time with them just as others are (with there kids). Unlike Black's kids mine need more experience playing before they do any games where over 18 is the majority.

As far as kids GMing - if they know the rules enough to try, I'm game. I'm pretty sure my oldest would love to GM once she gets into it (god complex hehe). Blackfoot if your little one wants to do a game I am sure one of my kids if not more (3rd one now wants to start) would love to play it.
    Last edited by avro5731; January 28th, 2013 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    I think that is very dependent on what sort of parent/player they are. Those with a supportive, nurturing sort of attitude do fine with it and are very helpful .. just like with any other sort of novice GM.

Yeppers! I have played with lots of new GMs. Most ppl here are cool with helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Oh of course, if the adult players are parents of the child experimenting, then I would expect them to be supportive. I thought we were talking about a child trying to GM a regular adult group of gamers (with perhaps 1 parent involved).

Let me see if I can come up with a good game to run. I'll keep everyone posted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    Oh of course, if the adult players are parents of the child experimenting, then I would expect them to be supportive. I thought we were talking about a child trying to GM a regular adult group of gamers (with perhaps 1 parent involved).
    No.. I don't think so. I was talking, at one point, about kids playing in regular games... which is fine as long as everyone involved is cool with it. I know that my kid will be much more comfortable running for a group of kids or kids and parents... especially if the group is familiar to her.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information