DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Any games for tweens or teens?

My son recently attended the Kids Track games during GenCon and loved them! He would like to play in a PFS game, but our area is pretty remote and we don't have any groups nearby. Are there any tween/teen games running here?

Thanks

Hi, Emrak.

How old is your son, exactly? I'm getting conflicting indications from your post. I don't know the target age for Kids Track, but I would have thought preteens. Paizo is pretty good at keeping PFS material relatively family-friendly, although individual GMs differ. Blackfoot and I are running a couple of First Steps scenarios this Saturday, which are a great introduction to PFS. You can sign up here, and the discussion thread is here.

Now, I'd imagine that the Kids Track games used the Beginner Box rules, which are only a subset of the full rules. So your son may not know about things like Combat Maneuvers. Everything you need for the core rules is here, and PFS-specific stuff (like how to register and make a character) is here.

We will need the character ASAP, so we can check it over and make sure it loads up fine.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Awesome!

He's 12. Yeah, the age groups in Kids Tracks fluctuated pretty wildly. There were parents there at the table with toddlers. I'm sure the parents thought it was cute, but the toddlers were more interested in eating the dice than rolling them... On the other end of the spectrum there were some kids who looked to be about 15 or so.

Yup, they used the BB.

He is specifically looking for a younger (i.e., non-adult...besides the GM) group. Is that the group consistency? Barring that, he's in like Flynn! Just let me know.

Thanks

If there are enough people in that age bracket to make a group, they haven't identified themselves as far as I've seen.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Blog Entries
    There will be at least one 13 year old in my game on Saturday... so it will definitely be youth friendly.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    There will be at least one 13 year old in my game on Saturday... so it will definitely be youth friendly.
    Awesome. I've applied to the Saturday game just to reserve the slot until we can get him set up with an account. He spoke regarding interest in being a Cleric. It's hard to tell from that list who is in whose group. Blackfoot, do you have a class list of current party members?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I know I have an Oracle, a Cleric, and an Alchemist at least... I'm not quite sure what the rest of the mix is yet although you can see if you take a look at the game thread. If he wants to play... I NEED to have a character today. If you aren't up to speed with FG exports I can deal with any sort of format. (pdf, jpg.. whatever.. as long as I can read the file) You should also do a post to the game thread.

I'm at work now, but he'll create a char (and an FG account) and get it to you this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    I'm at work now, but he'll create a char (and an FG account) and get it to you this evening.
    I have a couple of kids that may be interested in playing also (although not in tomorrows game.) If there is something going for that age group I will see if they want in... remembering that youngers get whiny late at night so it would depend on the time too.

Blog Entries
    I have 2 PFS members that I run with regularly (ages 12 & 13)... and another 15 year old who is very excited about playing.
    So I definitely will be running kid friendly games in the future.

Thread Information