DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Star Wars Edge of Empire

Anyone out there in FG-land get a copy of the beta?

P.S.---woot! I got a copy!

Definitely going to try to mock up a very, very rudimentary new ruleset that simply supports rolling the new SW:EotE dice pool. If anyone has any advice in that regards, please chime in!

Look at the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3 ruleset for a good example of how to use FFGs funky dice and dice pools.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do. Thanks for the tip Trenloe.

Hopefully I can just comment out everything I don't need leaving just the dice...but we shall see. I'm a total ruleset-building-n00b but I do have a bit of a programmatic background, so we shall see.

I really, really need this for my beta group. Anyone working on this?

I'm working on it. Putting in currently about 1-3 hours a week. In the research/learning phase right now. Projected completion date is early/mid November. I'm doing it because I have to...if anyone else wants to take up the mantle, that'd be fantastic. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    I'm working on it. Putting in currently about 1-3 hours a week. In the research/learning phase right now. Projected completion date is early/mid November. I'm doing it because I have to...if anyone else wants to take up the mantle, that'd be fantastic. lol

I currently have a working dice roller, but I need to modify a couple of things like the image files for one...they are currently too hard to read the dice outcome. I used Neil's version 1 ruleset for WFRP 3... I figured the less Warhammer stuff I needed to contend with the better...

I don't have a working character sheet, that is in process as I to am learning how to work with the programming language... A drag and drop interface would sure be nice right about now...

It takes some time, but I am able to slowly figure out how it works by looking at the code and using my limited understanding of programming logic to Frankenstein something useable.

The dice work nice, just need to fix the image files.

Monkey

P.S. I don't have the rules yet, so I am working off my knowledge of how WFRP 3 functions, reading the FFG forums and using the character sheet as inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkeyWithAFez
    I currently have a working dice roller, but I need to modify a couple of things like the image files for one...they are currently too hard to read the dice outcome. I used Neil's version 1 ruleset for WFRP 3... I figured the less Warhammer stuff I needed to contend with the better...
    If you need any help understanding how the dice work in my WFRP 3rd Edition ruleset, then feel free to ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster
    If you need any help understanding how the dice work in my WFRP 3rd Edition ruleset, then feel free to ask away.
    Thank you Neil! The dice rolling works, I can drop the custom dice into the dice box to build a pool. Can grab the pool and drop them into the chat window and it lists out the results and generates the successes/failures as well as the advantages/threats and the threat/despair. I just need to go back and rework the image files to make them more readable.

The character sheet is my next attempt. If I can ask you questions about that, that would be great?!

Monkey

No problem. I have sent a PM with my personal email address so you can ask any questions you like.

Thread Information