STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Having been offered the 5th color printing for $10 through drivethrurpg.com, for being a loyal TLG customer I went ahead and purchased the latest Players Handbook.

The way TLG advertised the PHB in the discount email I received is that the encumbrance rules were 'rewritten', all else remains the same. They did change encumbrance from the last printing, they did not just rewrite it to make it clearer. It was simplified slightly, and is explained much better.

C

Oh wow, that's important to know - thanks very much for the info! There are changes to the encumbrance calculation in the new ruleset, both since the items are draggable, but also because container items can affect encumbrance depending on whether they're worn (like a backpack) or magical (like a portable hole), etc. I suppose I should try to snag a copy somehow.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

If you can wait a few weeks, I can buy you a .pdf copy. I am on limited income. The only other thing I can donate would be my time as a player.

The game I have run the past two years has stalled, otherwise I'd try to beta for you.

C

Blog Entries
    Crowley - i thought i also rcvd that link - can you send to me via pm and I will see if it still works. If we can spend $10 instead of $21 we may as well. i already spent $105 on PHB5 via kickstarter... not sure it was the best buy when i already had PHB2, 3 and 4...

Super nice of you guys - I am on limited income, too, so I know where you're coming from, Crowley. If I were farther along with releasing the new ruleset, I'd feel more comfortable asking the Smiteworks guys to ask the Troll Lord guys for a comp - I'd think they would want the latest rules in the latest FG ruleset.

Crowley, if you want to beta for me, there's still things you can do. I really need someone to convert a copy of an existing campaign to the new ruleset and make sure that everything updates correctly... especially the characters & their inventories. Also, just being a C&C GM, knowing the rules, and looking around the ruleset, poking it and prodding it is helpful. Staging an occasional battle between some players & monsters would be helpful, too... just using it and seeing if everything works as you expect it to. As long as you are willing to write up descriptions of what you find so that I can hopefully reproduce it fix it. Let me know if that's something you could take on.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

I will help

I am not a programmer but I do know a little bit about xml. If you need someone to type in information after you have set up a framework I would be will to donate some time if that would help.
    If we do not succeed we risk the chance of failure.

dittotb, super nice of you to offer - thanks! Thankfully, all of the data input is done at this point - just bugs needing fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    Crowley - i thought i also rcvd that link - can you send to me via pm and I will see if it still works. If we can spend $10 instead of $21 we may as well. i already spent $105 on PHB5 via kickstarter... not sure it was the best buy when i already had PHB2, 3 and 4...
    I keep a pretty clean email inbox, and it looks like I have sent that discount code to email heaven after I had used it. Regardless, I would still be happy to donate a full priced PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    Crowley, if you want to beta for me, there's still things you can do. I really need someone to convert a copy of an existing campaign to the new ruleset and make sure that everything updates correctly... especially the characters & their inventories. Also, just being a C&C GM, knowing the rules, and looking around the ruleset, poking it and prodding it is helpful. Staging an occasional battle between some players & monsters would be helpful, too... just using it and seeing if everything works as you expect it to. As long as you are willing to write up descriptions of what you find so that I can hopefully reproduce it fix it. Let me know if that's something you could take on.
    All I can do, is my best. I will send you my info in a PM.

C

This is great to hear, best of luck on this.

BTW, I _think_ Classic Monsters are mostly legal by way of Necromancer Games "Tome of Horrors" books, which made them open content?

Thread Information