DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bnason
    Hi all,

I've taken the Monster DB and NPC DB from d20pfsrd.com, and parsed them into a new module. With 1800+ monsters, and 1100+ NPCs, it's a pretty massive file, but it also makes life a lot easier when you're looking for that one particular type of outsider - with the "All NPC" and "All Monster" lists, just remember that the scroll functions are more or less busted, and you need to search for what you want. There are also additional sublists so that you can browse NPCs and monsters by sourcebook (APs, Bestiaries, the Gamemastery Guide NPCs, etc.) or CR.

Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhl1fpin1u...gabestiary.mod

I'm open to creating additional sublists around creature types, NPC classes, etc., but the file is already pretty large at this point (3mb in the compressed .mod). Each new list is a bit tedious to create, but if there any obvious / useful ones, I'm happy to add based on input.

I've thrown up a few screenshots to show the statblocks. If you encounter any errors in stat lines, attacks, qualities, and so on, let me know.
    Can someone do this with 4E?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalvenin
    Can someone do this with 4E?
    The problem with 4e is that the data is not covered by the OGL (Open Gaming Licence) - so it is not possible to distribute 4e data. Hence the reason why the 4e DDI parser was created for individuals to create their own data from the DDI website. It might be worth you getting a one month DDI subscription and parsing as much data as you can in that month!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just to confirm, which stage doesn't work for you? You mention above that you can open the module, but you don't see it?

Here is a screenshot showing my module activation and library - which part don't you see?

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    The problem with 4e is that the data is not covered by the OGL (Open Gaming Licence) - so it is not possible to distribute 4e data. Hence the reason why the 4e DDI parser was created for individuals to create their own data from the DDI website. It might be worth you getting a one month DDI subscription and parsing as much data as you can in that month!
    Thanks for the answer. I will do that if I ever learn to use that parser thingy...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Just to confirm, which stage doesn't work for you? You mention above that you can open the module, but you don't see it?

Here is a screenshot showing my module activation and library - which part don't you see?

I got it working... I deleted the mod and re-copied it... it shows up and i can activate it. Thanks for the help!

Hi,
    I'd like having this mod but dropbox is empty

Thank's for help

Quote Originally Posted by Sirden View Post
    Hi,
    I'd like having this mod but dropbox is empty

Thank's for help
    I've uploaded the copy I had to the first post as an attachment (the very top of the first post).

FYI - a few users have seen some slightly different behaviour with creatures from this module (purely to do with how the data was formatted on the d20pfsrd.com site), I'd recommend using creatures that are available in the standard bestiary modules first. These modules are available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ist-of-Modules
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2014 at 16:06.

do you still have this .mod ... ? can't seem to download it from the current link.

And also see the comment in post #27 above regarding using the other bestiary modules first.

Thread Information