FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

MODULE: All Monsters / NPCs from d20pfsrd.com

MODERATOR: Added file attachment. Unzip the .mod file to <FG App data folder>\modules: Attachment 5022

Hi all,

I've taken the Monster DB and NPC DB from d20pfsrd.com, and parsed them into a new module. With 1800+ monsters, and 1100+ NPCs, it's a pretty massive file, but it also makes life a lot easier when you're looking for that one particular type of outsider - with the "All NPC" and "All Monster" lists, just remember that the scroll functions are more or less busted, and you need to search for what you want. There are also additional sublists so that you can browse NPCs and monsters by sourcebook (APs, Bestiaries, the Gamemastery Guide NPCs, etc.) or CR.

Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhl1fpin1u...gabestiary.mod Currently not valid, use the link at the top of this post

I'm open to creating additional sublists around creature types, NPC classes, etc., but the file is already pretty large at this point (3mb in the compressed .mod). Each new list is a bit tedious to create, but if there any obvious / useful ones, I'm happy to add based on input.

I've thrown up a few screenshots to show the statblocks. If you encounter any errors in stat lines, attacks, qualities, and so on, let me know.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2014 at 16:06.

Blog Entries
    Yikes... big props for putting this together!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thank you so much
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

many thanks, bnason! Will look forward to using it!!

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir. This will be a huge boon for my Pathfinder game. Huzzah!

Downloaded. Thank you very much!

Oh, awesome.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Blog Entries
    It might have been good to wait to do this until AFTER the parser got adjusted to include spell conversions, I'm pretty sure that is in the works at the moment... but this looks very cool.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blackfoot - I didn't use the parser, I downloaded the d20pfsrd databases and manipulated them as XML / etc.

Even if you could include spell data with each NPC/Bestiary item, it would probably double or triple the size of the .mod... wouldn't it?

Blog Entries
    Ahh.. ok.. wow.. that sounds like a lot of work to do manually. Hopefully you had some sort of tools for speeding the process.
    As far as the spells go.. it would certainly increase the size of the .mod file. I'm not sure if you can do it as a pointer to the spell .mod file and then somehow the NPC would have it's spell functions built from the parsed data or what... I haven't played around with that piece yet. I don't think you have to build in all the data for each spell though.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information