DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi Columbcille, I know this is from a few years ago but your message indicates you have a copy of the ruleset for SoE (in French). Can you tell me where you got it from so I can have a look at it. I am a huge fan of Shadows of Esteren and would love to run this online with my group.
    No my rules are in English, I got during the Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
    I saw on the official website for Shadows of Esteren that there is an officially sanctioned SoE rule set for FG but it is in French. Would anyone out there be up for translating it to English for those of us English speaking fans that want to play on here? I would gladly pay someone to.

Any interest?
    Columbcille,, I think you may have missed the point of my previous post. I was referring to the rule set for FG, not the actual SoE books (I have these as well). So does anyone have a copy of the 'officially sacnctioned rule set' mentioned in the first post of this thread? Are they willing to share or let me know where to obtain a copy from?

Thanks.

It's from quite a few years ago, but try here: https://www.esteren.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=377

I'm having issues downloading the file - it doesn't appear to be a valid ZIP file when I try to open it.

This is a copy I have from a few years ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwwpzr1uoo...iciel.zip?dl=0 I've made the language change mentioned in post #15 (to English).

This ZIP file contains the ruleset, a Univers module and some portraits. Unzip the "Les ombres d'Esteren" directory to your <FG App data>\rulesets directory, the modules\OdE-Univers.mod file to the <FG App data>\modules directory and the portrait files to the <FG App data>\portraits directory.

Note that this is from Fantasy Grounds 2 - so a lot of things you're used to in FG CoreRPG based rulesets won't be here. Right-click is your friend!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, many thanks for this. I will check it all out and see what works.

Initial check seems okay. The module is visible but cannot get it to load. Not a problem at the moment, I could always copy the data into the db.xml if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    The module is visible but cannot get it to load.
    In the "Book Activation" screen (the grey books icon in the top right of the sidebar) click-and-drag to the left on the book icon to open the book icon, or double-click on the thumbnail.

Oh, and another gotcha, right-click and select close on the nice splash screen (or move it out of the way) - otherwise you'll never see the chat window!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In the "Book Activation" screen (the grey books icon in the top right of the sidebar) click-and-drag to the left on the book icon to open the book icon, or double-click on the thumbnail.

Oh, and another gotcha, right-click and select close on the nice splash screen (or move it out of the way) - otherwise you'll never see the chat window!
    Thanks, all working now.

Will do some more testing of it during the week.

Hi, I have done a bit of testing and would like to know how the targeting works in this version. Usually you can do Control and left mouse click on a target to select it. However, in this version that does not work. Any thoughts?

As it is for FG 2 I may have to look at the FG 3 code for this process and import it in.

sorry! i diditn know what you meant hahaha, im glad trenloe helped, i didnt even look at the thread haha

Let me know hoe it goes! i also have FG Unity... i wish this was a supported ruleset already! lol

looks like for FGUnity the ruleset is broke

"[5/23/2020 7:47:12 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
    [5/23/2020 7:47:12 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/23/2020 7:47:12 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Ruleset Info Load (Les ombres d'Esteren): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 2, position 3."

every file has "_" LOL
    Last edited by Columbcille; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:49.

Thread Information