FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Shadows of Esteren

I saw on the official website for Shadows of Esteren that there is an officially sanctioned SoE rule set for FG but it is in French. Would anyone out there be up for translating it to English for those of us English speaking fans that want to play on here? I would gladly pay someone to.

Any interest?

I have too much on my plate already, but replacing French text should be a simple replace operation using a good text editor. All of the code should be untouched.

Just search for the word in the interface that you want to replace, find translation on Google, search in the files for all instances of the word (i.e. I use Notepad++) and replace.

After a few iterations of this, you would have a mostly English version.

Regards,
    JPG

The only issue is that A) I do not have the French ruleset for FG and have no clue where to get it and B) even if I did have it I have no idea what files to access/how to view them so I could edit the French.

I will talk to the creator of the ruleset. If he's not to busy, I'm sure he can help you.

Thanks!! I appreciate your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by rule of three
    I will talk to the creator of the ruleset. If he's not to busy, I'm sure he can help you.

Hi,
    The translation is in progress. It was asked by the creators of the game.
    Last edited by heedio; January 9th, 2013 at 17:06.

at end is possible download in english?

Quote Originally Posted by heedio View Post
    Hi,
    The translation is in progress. It was asked by the creators of the game.
    To specify, Heedio is the author of said ruleset

but ruleset is in french and dont work correctly in fg3

I, too, would be interested in any news about the status of the Esteren ruleset. I was able to find the French version on the website, and it does load in FG3 and looks like a beautifully done ruleset. But it's obviously written for FG2 and throws errors when you try to use certain parts of the interface in FG3. Does the author have plans to update it for FG3?

Thread Information