DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Videos

Delighted to see these videos available. Brilliant for learning to use the software!!!
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon
    First of all Dakadin; Thanks for offering me to show me how it works (you wrote to me on the ICE forum), I never got back to you, and I feel bad about that... The main reason is that it was decided in our group to use PF, at least to start with, and I kinda forgot about it until I saw this thread..

Second: You have, with your videos, now made it HARDER for me to accept the decision to use PF instead of RM... You made me want to see OB/DB, AT, Body development, etc again in my RPG system! I hope you keep on working on it, so WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) I convince my group we switch to RM I will have a better case, when I present the videos to my group .

Keep at the good work!
    PF v Rolemaster ummmm it is a no brainer. Considering all the hard work as GM has benn taken away from you, I can run some pretty heavy combat scenes. Those scenes would of taken a whole night paper and pen style but now it is no different then a PF game in terms of speed.

RM FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem
    PF v Rolemaster ummmm it is a no brainer. Considering all the hard work as GM has benn taken away from you, I can run some pretty heavy combat scenes. Those scenes would of taken a whole night paper and pen style but now it is no different then a PF game in terms of speed.

RM FTW!
    Heh! I agree with you on this. A no brainer. But the thing is, Im not the only one to decide what to play, GM or not . Also we have now had two session in a adventure path for PF and its going just great. So if I now talk about changing the system I think some of them will start to grumble and whine .

My plan is to follow this adventure path in PF as long as we can, maybe even finish the thing! And while we do that I smooth talk them into switching after that (ninja style ).

I remember all to well the heavy lifting in terms of combat and tables, thank you very much . thats why I made my own house rules and handled combat in an EXCEL sheet I made and a much more advanced character creation again made in EXCEL. After all that, I actually decided to take an education in IT and first worked for 5 years as a programmer and now as a System engineer... all because of RM .

I posted a link to a combat example video. Unfortunately the quality isn't as good as I would have liked. Hopefully it will be of some use. If not I might have to get together a few people and run a sample combat so I can record it at the time.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Don't get them to switch - get them to try a short scenario say 1-2 gaming sessions worth of content.

Then let them decide if they like the different feel to the game.

That's how I introduced my D&D group to RMSS back in the day... we never looked back and it was because they wanted the change after being exposed to a superior system.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Don't get them to switch - get them to try a short scenario say 1-2 gaming sessions worth of content.

Then let them decide if they like the different feel to the game.

That's how I introduced my D&D group to RMSS back in the day... we never looked back and it was because they wanted the change after being exposed to a superior system.
    Off course.

But two of my players are what I call passive roleplaying gamers, they never would pick up a rpg book, and they have a hard time learning the rules, because they couldnt care less about systems... Well that would be a super reason to switch then, if they dont care right?
    Well one might think so, but actually I can allready hear them moan about having to learn something new . "Now I had just figured out where to find my AC on my sheet! and now you moved it!" (happened for real a while ago) They HAVE tried 3.5 before, so Im focusing on learning them how to use FG2...
    Read the manuals here on this site? NO WAY!
    So... I'm just happy they want to play (and have the time), so... add that to it that one of those players are my WIFE! so I have to be diplomatic .

I appreciate all your good advice and have taken them to heart!

Now lets have Dakadin have his Video thread for talk about his videos .

Blog Entries
    I noticed in your combat video you say that that in RM the GM doesn't get a drag line to measure distance. Is that true? I know in the 3.5/PF ruleset you can drag while holding control and it gives you the same measure line that PCs get. If that feature does NOT exist in RM.. it might be one that would be good to add for purposes of consistency between rulesets.

Another piece: When you drop the damage from an attack from the table to the tracker, is there any output to the chatwindow to to notify players what has happened? This would be good for healed damage as well both to notify the players and the GM that damage and healing has been done.

Another thought: It would be nice to be able to incorporate immunities so that effects dropped on 'immune' characters were ignored.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; September 5th, 2012 at 21:45.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I noticed in your combat video you say that that in RM the GM doesn't get a drag line to measure distance. Is that true? I know in the 3.5/PF ruleset you can drag while holding control and it gives you the same measure line that PCs get. If that feature does NOT exist in RM.. it might be one that would be good to add for purposes of consistency between rulesets.

Another piece: When you drop the damage from an attack from the table to the tracker, is there any output to the chatwindow to to notify players what has happened? This would be good for healed damage as well both to notify the players and the GM that damage and healing has been done.

Another thought: It would be nice to be able to incorporate immunities so that effects dropped on 'immune' characters were ignored.
    The GM can drag a pointer to get the distance but dragging tokens for movement doesn't give the movement line like it does for PC locked tokens. Sorry for the confusion.

The other two items are things that I have on my list to implement. Hopefully I can get them in for the next release.

Now lets have Dakadin have his Video thread for talk about his videos.
    I wasn't worried about it.

I talked to Blackfoot a bit more about this and he pointed out that the GM can hold down Ctrl while dragging a token to get the distance. I just tested it and it works great. Thanks for pointing that out Blackfoot!

Blog Entries
    Cool. I'm glad it worked! (I never got around to checking it myself .. sorry)
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information