STAR TREK 2d20

Random Ruins Roll - The Wild Hunt, What?

So I roll a massive 376 on a special features (ruins) roll and all that came up was "The Wild Hunt" which has no other description. What the heck is that?

In C&T, the Wild Hunt Hound mentions this in the description, "Packs can be modest, or quite large 20–2000 hounds (GM discretion)" but it doesn't explain The Wild Hunt anywhere. I would use a NPC on horseback leading a pack of the Wild Hunt Hounds.

That's a little underwhelming and doesn't really make sense at a Ruins site. I made it a Old Gas Drake instead, but there really should be something more devestating in there like a Black Reaver or something.

Good idea since you always want to make sure that things fit in with your campaign but I think the Wild Hunt could actually be much worse than an Old Gas Drake. Can you imagine a party of PCs dealing with 1000 Wild Hunt Hounds which are a form of undead with the following:
    Innate Abilities: Undead Regeneration; 100'R Fear; Touch drains 1 Con points/round.
    Those hounds just running past you in those numbers would be a problem. It would also be a great story element even if the PCs only see it from afar.

Ok now I get it, I thought it was just normal hounds. I think the encounter should say "Wild Hunt Hounds" and link directly to the NPC no? Why no link?

Mainly because the Wild Hunt can be so much more than just Wild Hunt Hounds. I have a quite a few books that describe the author's interpretation of the Wild Hunt. Most of them are much worse than just some Wild Hunt Hounds. Just do a Google search and you will see what I mean.

I can definitely add the link though to the Wild Hunt Hound. I just didn't do it because C&T really doesn't give any of that information. I am just going off of what I envision it as.

The Witcher game/book series has based the whole Wild Hunt off of it, too, to understand how universal the mythology of it is! Think cosmic rifts in space-time opening and Demi-Gods spilling out.
    Enjoy, either way!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

Yeah, I've seen at least 4 version of the Wild Hunt in different books, TV shows and movies. They each have their own spin on things even though somethings are very similar. If anyone wants to come up with an encounter for it, I can provide it as a link in C&T.

Thread Information