STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: SW version 3.3

The updater failed for me (probably due to being under Crossover on a Mac.)

I was able to download via my order history page... but that way does not indicate what else may need to be updated. It would be great if the FG store would somehow tell me when my purchases were last released.

That's a shame (any idea what the failure was ? Not that I can help, but the Smiteworks guys might be able to...)

Agreed on the Store updates part - although I was quite pleased they'd added SW into the patching tool (indeed, this might be the first 3rd party product going through the patching tool in anger, so I suspect your in semi-guinea pig territory here too !)

Nonetheless, almost all Savage Worlds extensions have been updated (sundered skies, slipsteam, adventure deck, Deadlands Reloaded, 50 Fathoms, Rippers, erm... think that's all of them) so you'd be best off getting the latest greatest version of each. Or getting the patch tool fixed (as that should lead to far fewer incompatible version issues - which I'm already braced for...). Not sure 100% if they new files are in the store download links yet (I saw SW was still v3.2 in the store, for instance, although the link may have been updated nonetheless).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

just ran the updater and it is not loading 3.3

Hello there
    quick question as it's almost 19h00 in Europe. I've hit the Check updates and nothing was updated. Is there something wrong or the patch was postponed ?

I managed to update SW to 3.3, but it didn't happen by just clicking the update button. First you need to open settings and select you products you want to update, and then hit the update button.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanx for the tip but sadly, i dont understand how you can in Setting 'specifically' get the SW pak file. The farthest place i can go is the FG2 folder in Program Files.
    Edit : ok, understood ^^ Got it by login/password to my account. I didnt know you could do that
    Edit 2 : Now, how do you access the Chase magical button?
    Last edited by Golgorosh; November 5th, 2012 at 21:16.

Chase tool will be part of the Savage Worlds Deluxe module (as it's only part of the SWD rulebook) - I'm hoping that will be released to the store in the next few days.

Whilst SWEX v3.3 adds a few new things and bug fixes to SWEX, many of it's changes were to accommodate SWD seamlessly (e.g. edge / hindrance / skill links will automatically switch over to the new rules) and allow it to better reuse parts of the combat tracker for the new chase tracker.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Hi thx for the update. A couple of things.

1. how do we turn off ikaels encounter? As it and 3.3 conflict and I still want to use ikaels extension as it has some cool features.

2. You mentioned about deluxe edition, which I use to run my sw games with. Although I have bought explorers in fg will I have to re-buy the ruleset again or will 3.3 update to deluxe? Wont be too pleased if i do.

hmm there was another thing that was happening during tonights game, damn can not remember will post it seperately if i remember

Had a quick look over 3.3 after game looks good phantom keep up the good work

3.3 won't work with Ikael's extension - see the extension thread about that (in brief, Ikael is working on a fix)

Regarding SW Deluxe, it will be an extension to the Savage Worlds ruleset. I wrote the chase tool especially for that, so it was better value than just the updated library modules. As it is a separate book, I believe Smiteworks has to charge it separately, as they are reselling a Pinnacle product.

I dare say in the future, they may (and here, I'm guessing) want to combine the SWEX ruleset and SWD extension. I doubt it will stay at $12 though - Smiteworks generally charge the cost of the physical book for there ruleset, which made Savage Worlds (with their explorer editions) very cheap for the effort that has gone into it.

But for the near future, the only way to own both ruleset and SWD will be to buy both, I believe. Which will still probably end up cheaper than most other rulesets in aggregate, I dare say !

I have the physical book for deluxe not explorers. Apart from some missing edges, and chase rules. Is sure if there is a lot of difference?
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Thread Information