DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Take the attached zip file and extract it in your extensions directory. Replace the icon in the included "icons" directory with the one you want to use. When you want to change your icon, restart your campaign, selecting "Replace GM Token" from the extensions list in the startup screen.

GM Icon.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Take the attached zip file and extract it in your extensions directory. Replace the icon in the included "icons" directory with the one you want to use. When you want to change your icon, restart your campaign, selecting "Replace GM Token" from the extensions list in the startup screen.

GM Icon.zip
    I did that, but no new extensions show up when I restarted the program.

It is a .xml file, not a .ext file, so it does not show up in the list of available extensions.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Create a folder under your extensions folder and put the xml and icons folder into it.

Rename "GM Icon.zip" to "GM Icon.ext"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Okay, now it appeared in my extensions for the campaign when I reloaded the program.

But it is still showing the default GM icon, even though I changed the one in the Icons folder to the one that I wanted.

I tried a couple of times (didn't overwrite the png image) and same result.
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    Okay, now it appeared in my extensions for the campaign when I reloaded the program.

But it is still showing the default GM icon, even though I changed the one in the Icons folder to the one that I wanted.

I tried a couple of times (didn't overwrite the png image) and same result.
    No, unzip the file I provided into a directory with the same name as the zip file ("GM Icon"). Then it will show up on your list of extensions. Put the icon you want in the icons subdirectory of this folder, and the next time you start FG, you will have the icon you want. In the future, changing that icon will replace it for games that are using this extension.

Having the extension out there with the ".ext" name means that it will always use the one packed in the.ext file.

Your "GM Icon" folder should contain the .xml from the zip file, plus an icons directory. The default icon for the gm is currently in the icons directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Actually, in this case he wants to have the extension unpacked so that the icon can be easily replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Actually, in this case he wants to have the extension unpacked so that the icon can be easily replaced.
    I did unzip the file... then replaced the .png in the folder that it created... and then renamed the zip file to a .ext file.

Skip the zip/ext entirely and just leave it a folder. It'll still be seen by FG and usable, but you'll be able to swap the img with a simple drag/drop or even setup a quick script to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Skip the zip/ext entirely and just leave it a folder. It'll still be seen by FG and usable, but you'll be able to swap the img with a simple drag/drop or even setup a quick script to do so.
    So I would just delete the zip/ext file, leaving behind the folder with the png image in it, and then I would somehow be able to select it as my GM icon when I was in FG?

Thread Information