DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    There are none.

It has common.xml, db.xml, definition.xml, and thumbnail.png.

I'm guessing it updates the rules since after loading the extention, the only difference I can see is the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygon2004
    There are none.

It has common.xml, db.xml, definition.xml, and thumbnail.png.

I'm guessing it updates the rules since after loading the extention, the only difference I can see is the skin.
    A .mod file is a module file. Don't unzip it or anything. Place the single .mod file in your <FG App Data Directory>\modules directory (reload your campaign if you are in FG when you do this). Then you can activate the module within Fantasy Grounds and it will usually give you entries in the library.

A module does not update the ruleset - that is what extensions do (hence why you decide which extensions to load before you start to load the ruleset). Modules contain library information or additional entries in the story, maps/images, NPCs, etc. lists.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm sorry to be so confusing. When I click the link to download the rules.mod (just below the extention download) it downloads a "RM FRP Rules.zip" Not a .mod. When I extract that zip file, it contains only:
    common.xml
    db.xml
    definition.xml
    thumbnail.png

The thumbnail is of a book, likes those in the mod library within game that you can open or close. But I don't know where to put these files since none have the extention .mod. :-(

Maybe it isn't a module file in the traditional sense.

This is what it says:
    The FRP extension, is used to convert RMC into FRP.

FRP Extension v0.4 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/FRP0_41/RMFRP.ext

Mod File v0.4
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/FRP...RP%20Rules.mod

It's the second one that I'm not sure where to extract. Despite it showing .mod on the link, it downloads the above mentioned .zip.

If the .mod downloads as a .zip rename it to be a .mod. The filenmane you should end up with is "RM FRP Rules.mod"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Maybe it isn't a module file in the traditional sense.

This is what it says:
    The FRP extension, is used to convert RMC into FRP.

FRP Extension v0.4 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/FRP0_41/RMFRP.ext

Mod File v0.4
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/FRP...RP%20Rules.mod

It's the second one that I'm not sure where to extract. Despite it showing .mod on the link, it downloads the above mentioned .zip.
    It is a module. It is just that some web browsers download it as .zip instead of .mod - it works fine for me, but I'm not using a mainstream web browser.

That worked! Never in a million years would I have thought of that.

Thanks! I'm very sorry for the silly questions. :-)

For future reference both .mod and .ext files are simply zip files with the .zip changed to either .mod for modules or .ext for extensions. So, if you download a file and it has .zip on the end of the filename open it up with a unzip program and if you see things like extension.xml or definition.xm then the file is already packaged all you have to do is rename the .zip to .ext or .mod.

Keep asking the questions. It takes a bit to learn but the FG community is great about helping out.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Any questions about the FRP feel free to pm me directly. It works and I use it, or been using it for 12 months.

The mod file that I have uploaded for public is incomplete, I had to do this for copyright reasons. You can modify the .mod file using a text editor to put in the various rule descriptions.

Thread Information