STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I added a link to Chris Seal's Modifier Extension(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...fier-extension) to the first thread.

I added a link to Chris Seal's Multi calendar extension(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ndar-extension) to the first thread.

Does anyone have any ME extensions for the races they can share. I've seen partial ones done and I don't think I'm technical enough or one with the herbs? There are things that I would like for the campaign, but I don't know how to program my remote.

This is a response I sent in a private message but I figured it might be useful to others:

I would actually recommend doing it directly in the ruleset instead of as module since most of it is really only needed when first creating characters. That makes it so you don't need to be technical and is no worse that doing it with pen and paper. So here is how you can do it.

Races
    • Enter the race into the Race field
    • Enter the racial stat bonuses in the Race column for the stats
    • Enter the RR stat bonuses in the Race column for the RRs

Professions
    • Enter the profession into the Profession field
    • Enter the realm into the Realm field
    • Enter the skill costs for the skills when you add them to the character

Spell Lists
    • Go to the Spells tab of the character sheet
    • Right click the blank area in the list and select Add New from the radial menu to add a new spell list
    • Click on the <<New Spell List>> field and enter the name of the spell list
    • Click the link (square grey box) for the spell list to open the spell list
    • Right click the blank area in the list and select Add New from the radial menu to add a new spell
    • Click on the <<New Spell List>> field to open the new spell
    • Enter the spell details
    • Repeat the last few steps until all the spells are entered (or better yet just enter the ones needed right now and add them as you go.)

New Skills
    • Go to the Skills tab of the character sheet
    • Right click the the list and select Add New from the radial menu to add a new skill
    • Enter the cost for the skill for that profession
    • Click the link (square grey box) for the new skill that was created
    • Enter the skill details

For the spell lists and new skills once you get them entered you can drag them from one character to another by grabbing the links without having to add all the details again. You will have to enter the skill costs again for the new character because those are specific to a character and his profession.

Hopefully that helps but please let me know if you have any questions.

These extensions are great, I'm a newbie enjoying the RM rules. Still learning. I have noticed that when I select a character the FG Random extension makes this appear : Script Error: [string "appearance"]:1: attempt to call global 'setValid' (a nil value)
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Script Error: [string "appearance"]:1: attempt to call global 'setValid' (a nil value)

Does this happen to anyone else?

I would guess that is because the appearance field in the Rolemaster ruleset is a number and a description in other rulesets. If I remember correctly Ardem, made some modifications to the extension to make it compatible with other rulesets. He would have to clarify if that is the case though.

Hey all,

I posted an updated version of the Pre-Generated Character Extension! It expands the ruleset's Export capability to include campaign characters as pre-generated characters. No direct XML editing required! It also includes a full preview capability before deciding which character to play.

A big shout out to Mac77 for providing the inspiration and to Dakadin for his ever helpful advice and feedback!

Enjoy,
    Bale Nomad

Some of you may remember a certain "Rolemaster-lite" game that whisked through the Adolescent skills development step with prescribed ranks for skills based on a character's race or culture. Here is a sample module that presents a similar approach using the Pre-Generated Character Extension. It also includes a table suitable for use with the Table Resolver for choosing a character's race and some recommendations for converting characters from other rule systems to RMC.

This could be used as-is or as a template for anyone wanting to do something similar for their world setting.

UPDATE!!! With the release of the Rolemaster Classic V2 ruleset, I created a new version of this module that takes advantage of the nested random table capability inherited from CoreRPG. The random race selection table that was used with the Table Resolver has been replaced by a nested pair of tables. Rolling on the tables displays the results in the Chat window, and the results are links to the pre-generated adolescent character sheets.

I would also recommend using the new RMC Preview Pregens extension with the new ruleset. It's posted on the Pre-Generated Character Extension thread.

Continue to use the original module with the previous version of the RMC ruleset. The new module likely will generate errors with that ruleset.

Please let me know if you have any issues with these modules.

Bale Nomad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bale Nomad; April 9th, 2020 at 05:37. Reason: New File

Is there anything in the works for RM Companion I? Or any other modules etc?
    I really enjoy this game system a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    Is there anything in the works for RM Companion I? Or any other modules etc?
    I really enjoy this game system a lot.
    I have created a module with some of RMC I and Spell Law II content (races, professions, spell lists etc). For personal use in a campaign I'm planning.

Not sure about the legal implications about re-distributing it. Would welcome comments on that side of things.
    You are not outnumbered! You are just in a target rich environment!

Thread Information