5E Character Create Playlist
Page 61 of 63 First ... 11515960616263 Last
    I've created and released a new art kit, modern/sci-fi themed this time. It contains images for creating interior maps and object/item props. This art kit comes in one size only, unlike the previous fantasy themed art kits. Add on art kits will feature vehicles, characters, creatures and monsters/aliens and more.

https://www.rpgartkits.com/?product=...-kit-number-01
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

Thanks Raymond, so happy I backed your project.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Thanks Raymond, so happy I backed your project.
    Dave
    No worries, and thanks for having backed this project back in 2012/2013

Movie/game replica item projects, for my own collection, has got the better part of me over the last 2 years. During this time, I've barely touched Photoshop. This recent website upgrade task and the creation of the Sci-Fi art kit using both 2D and 3D tools to make the artwork has rekindled the desire to make more fantasy and sci-fi images again. I'm sure other artists in here can relate to having shorter or longer periods where you are burnt out after larger projects. This unfortunately also happens with me from time to time, even if I try to avoid it from happening.

A question to anybody who reads this: regarding campaign maps, do you prefer square grids or hex grids placed on top of the areas for your maps, determining the space the characters/monsters can occupy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
    No worries, and thanks for having backed this project back in 2012/2013

Movie/game replica item projects, for my own collection, has got the better part of me over the last 2 years. During this time, I've barely touched Photoshop. This recent website upgrade task and the creation of the Sci-Fi art kit using both 2D and 3D tools to make the artwork has rekindled the desire to make more fantasy and sci-fi images again. I'm sure other artists in here can relate to having shorter or longer periods where you are burnt out after larger projects. This unfortunately also happens with me from time to time, even if I try to avoid it from happening.

A question to anybody who reads this: regarding campaign maps, do you prefer square grids or hex grids placed on top of the areas for your maps, determining the space the characters/monsters can occupy?
    Hola talented one

Fantasy Grounds does square grids much better than it does hexes...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
    Outdoors I prefer hexes, though I almost exclusively use squares. Guess mostly because of habit or because squares are considered "default" or because FG handles squares better?

Indoors or in urban areas, I prefer squares. Buildings and man-made structures fit squares much better than hexes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It would take me 5 years before I managed to make a complete map using my own art kits. Started working on a building ruin, 2 level map yesterday. Most of the map and details come from artwork pulled straight from the art kits, then I've further enhanced it by making rubble, custom roof parts, more planks etc. I've also added extra details that have been painted directly on top of the compressed map.

Seen here are downsized versions of the two maps, below are cropped portions that show their true size:

Last edited by Shockbolt; March 30th, 2018 at 13:06.

There's no rest for the crazy, so I started working on a new set of dungeon/castle tiles last night, should be a nice upgrade to the tilesets already available(monsters added for scale purposes):

Looking good.
    I just bought the Dungeon Haste Kit and made the first dungeon in TileSystem. Real good work, I just love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegroo View Post
    Looking good.
    I just bought the Dungeon Haste Kit and made the first dungeon in TileSystem. Real good work, I just love it.
    Thank you! I love to hear that, in fact there is another Dungeon haste kit coming out real soon, based on the preview seen above

TileSystem?

Can't find any working links, do you have one?
    (or something newer? Tiled?)

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thread Information