5E Character Create Playlist
Page 51 of 63 First ... 41495051525361 ... Last
    I'm working on a quick map tileset, it will contain the very basic tiles found in the base Fantasy art kit, walls+floors+details combined into 1 tile.
    This tileset will not contain any items/objects, except from stairs, hatches, torches mounted on walls etc. Items and regular objects will have to be placed into the map manually.
    The idea of this tileset is to speed things up a bit for those that need a map pretty fast.

I've added the current number of tiles to a tilesheet below here, do feel free to make suggestions to possible additions to the set.

Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

Great Work, you wished the Kickstarter was over, however you owe me a number of tokens. Now get to it. hahahha <big smile>

Congrats anyway its been a long haul and a great body of work you have done. I am looking forward to more, and happy to dip my hand in my pocket for the new art. I already made a number of maps using you art, it makes it very easy and give you a great looking map to RPG with.

PS for those that did not know I got the big package with a portrait, and if you check my image to the left that is a sample of it, I have now printed it the canvas and it now hang proudly on my wall. PS. The face was taken off my face as reference. However Raymond is an awesome artist.
    Last edited by Ardem; April 21st, 2015 at 01:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Great Work, you wished the Kickstarter was over, however you owe me a number of tokens. Now get to it. hahahha <big smile>

Congrats anyway its been a long haul and a great body of work you have done. I am looking forward to more, and happy to dip my hand in my pocket for the new art. I already made a number of maps using you art, it makes it very easy and give you a great looking map to RPG with.

PS for those that did not know I got the big package with a portrait, and if you check my image to the left that is a sample of it, I have now printed it the canvas and it now hang proudly on my wall. PS. The face was taken off my face as reference. However Raymond is an awesome artist.

You are most correct, there are a number of custom tokens left to paint....oh wait...they expired back in March ;-)

Thanks for the nice words Ardem, you make a grown man blush!

I've sent out download links for the Dungeon haste kit 1 to Lifetime subscribers to my art kits last night, starting work on a bunch of smaller addons next week,
    these will be addons containing a group of elven warriors for example, maybe 10-20 tokens in each kit. These smaller kits will be priced between $2 and $5 I assume.

I'm also itching to make a few scifi kits as well :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
    I'm working on a quick map tileset, it will contain the very basic tiles found in the base Fantasy art kit, walls+floors+details combined into 1 tile.
    This tileset will not contain any items/objects, except from stairs, hatches, torches mounted on walls etc. Items and regular objects will have to be placed into the map manually.
    The idea of this tileset is to speed things up a bit for those that need a map pretty fast.

I've added the current number of tiles to a tilesheet below here, do feel free to make suggestions to possible additions to the set.
    Hi Raymond - when i use your tiles i usually use them with Tiled.
    To do this I first have to grab them all and put them on a single page in GiMP/PhotoShop and align them and resize them.
    When you create these do you create them tile by tile or do you create larger images and slice them up?
    If you do the later - it might be good if you could include the larger complete sheet/image as that is quicker for use with a Tiling app
    Only a suggestion if its not going to cost you in time.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Raymond - when i use your tiles i usually use them with Tiled.
    To do this I first have to grab them all and put them on a single page in GiMP/PhotoShop and align them and resize them.
    When you create these do you create them tile by tile or do you create larger images and slice them up?
    If you do the later - it might be good if you could include the larger complete sheet/image as that is quicker for use with a Tiling app
    Only a suggestion if its not going to cost you in time.
    Is there any particular reason why you do it this way?

You can import the whole tileset into tiled in less than a minute, no need to create a tileset image including all of the tiles:
    1. Create a new map. Then create a new tileset from the "Tilesets" section.
    2. In the "New Tileset" dialog, select Type of "Collection of Images", give it a name and press OK.
    3. Select the tab for the new tileset you've just created in the "Tilesets" section.
    4. Click the "Add tiles" + button.
    5. Multi-select (CTRL+A) all of the tile images you want to be in this tileset and press open.
    6. Export the tileset for later use.

If you want to resize them to a specific size to this as a bulk resize in your favourite image app before starting this process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is there any particular reason why you do it this way?

You can import the whole tileset into tiled in less than a minute, no need to create a tileset image including all of the tiles:
    1. Create a new map. Then create a new tileset from the "Tilesets" section.
    2. In the "New Tileset" dialog, select Type of "Collection of Images", give it a name and press OK.
    3. Select the tab for the new tileset you've just created in the "Tilesets" section.
    4. Click the "Add tiles" + button.
    5. Multi-select (CTRL+A) all of the tile images you want to be in this tileset and press open.
    6. Export the tileset for later use.

If you want to resize them to a specific size to this as a bulk resize in your favourite image app before starting this process.
    Ahhh because I was using the last release before this feature was available!
    Ive just updated and will give it a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
    I've sent out download links for the Dungeon haste kit 1 to Lifetime subscribers
    I have purchased your products, but, apparently, I'm not completely informed: There is a Lifetime Subscription?

Does that appear somewhere on rpgartkits.com (?)

Thanks.

- s.west

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I have purchased your products, but, apparently, I'm not completely informed: There is a Lifetime Subscription?
    On some of the Kickstarter levels I think there was a lifetime subscription. It was at I think the $175 level and the $500/$850 levels. However when SmiteWorks came on as a $2000 VTT backer Raymond offered to bump the Fantasy Grounds Full/Ultimate (I think) holders up one level so that meant the $100 level also got future packs too.... I dont think these options are available since the KS ended (about 2 years ago!)...

Oh, gotcha. It was a Kickstarter perq... ok.

Thanks.

Two new addon art kits have been added to the website: the Monster & item booster kit 1 and the Dungeon haste kit 1. Content listings, preview images and prices can be found on the website :-)
    https://www.rpgartkits.com

More addon art kits to come! (after finishing a major batch of images for 2 roguelike games)

Page 51 of 63 First ... 41495051525361 ... Last

Thread Information