5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 46 of 63 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
    That should be better perhaps, please go ahead.
    Done. Welcome to your new home!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Gonna go for base kit soon. Looks nice! Those are meant to be placed upon readied map (walls/rooms) via Adobe Phostoshop or another third party software like Gimp?
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    Gonna go for base kit soon. Looks nice! Those are meant to be placed upon readied map (walls/rooms) via Adobe Phostoshop or another third party software like Gimp?
    You could use any photo editing software that handles PNG/images with transparency, and allows you to work with layers, or you could import the quartersize sets directly into Fantasy grounds for example. There should be at least 1 or 2 fantasy map tools that you could use with the images found in my art kits as well, though I haven't checked out any of these.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

I've added a new page to www.rpgartkits.com today, the "Art kit fix list" that contain known issues with the various art kits. If you come across anything that doesn't look right with my art kits, don't hesitate letting me know about it.

I've also updated the Future addon art kits page, some art kits have been renamed, other art kits have been added to the list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    I used Tiled to placed the walls and then Gimp to drop it on a background and to resize/scale. probably 15mins.

Spent some time these last 7 days to fix several known issues with the art kits. Fixed files will be added to the art kits for future buyers, patches will be sent out to those who already own the art kits.

At the same time I'm also working on the next addon art kit to be released, the last stretch goal from the kickstarter named "Monsters & items booster kit 1".
    To really cut into my hours of sleep, I'm also working on a Bilbo's Mithril chainmail replica these days, should end up with anywhere between 20.000 and 30.000 rings when it's done.
    Last edited by Shockbolt; March 2nd, 2015 at 19:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I used Tiled to placed the walls and then Gimp to drop it on a background and to resize/scale. probably 15mins.
    That looks interesting.. but... aren't the outer walls kinda thick? I suppose if you made each of those squares 10' (doubling up on the grid) then there would be a little room for the tokens to move around in there... I guess my point is.. while visually interesting... for playability purposes... reducing the width of the walls might be a good idea.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    That looks interesting.. but... aren't the outer walls kinda thick? I suppose if you made each of those squares 10' (doubling up on the grid) then there would be a little room for the tokens to move around in there... I guess my point is.. while visually interesting... for playability purposes... reducing the width of the walls might be a good idea.
    The minimap kit were never intended to be used as a game map in the way that tokens would be moved around on it, like with the rest of the art kits. My intention with this kit was to have tiles and art to create "treasure maps" sortof. This is probably why the walls might feel like they're stealing space :-)

Blog Entries
    For FG purposes.. I know folks are eager for ways to build functional maps that they can use as 'battlemaps'. While tiling is not something that is easily done on the fly in FG.. building the map from tiles in photoshop or another graphic program isn't that big a reach for a GM. A layout map (as opposed to an overland map) that isn't intended to be used as a battlemap doesn't seem to serve a real purpose. Hence my suggestion for enhancement. Take it as you will.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    For FG purposes.. I know folks are eager for ways to build functional maps that they can use as 'battlemaps'. While tiling is not something that is easily done on the fly in FG.. building the map from tiles in photoshop or another graphic program isn't that big a reach for a GM. A layout map (as opposed to an overland map) that isn't intended to be used as a battlemap doesn't seem to serve a real purpose. Hence my suggestion for enhancement. Take it as you will.
    That might be the case for FG..I regret to say that I haven't had a chance to try out roleplaying using FG yet, I was promised to participate in a few private test runs for Iron Crown back in 2012 but that didn't happen.
    I do see your point though and I would like to add that I thought of making one or more kits that are similar to the Minimap but in the style of the other kits, that come with walls, floors, doors and other details already added to them. I might put this kit to the top of the list if it's something that is desired, for use with FG. I know other VVTs make use of visual props, such as making "treasure maps" for handing out to the players, I don't want to mention names as that has caused me some trouble in the past in other forums.

Page 46 of 63 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last

Thread Information