5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 63 First 12341252 ... Last
    very nice

Quote Originally Posted by wbcreighton
    very nice
    Thanks wbcreighton!
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt
    @ bennis1980: These are a few other samples out of the same tileset as the ones seen in the UI previews, originally they were painted for use with Angband:

That picture of the eyeball is also what I'm looking at on my keyboard in front of me - because my eyes just popped out of my head. AMAZING!
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I prefer the top down tokens myself, I have gathered as much free tokens as I have found on the net, but there is a large number of gaps missing.

I have no issue supporting via payment of good token sets but make sure you give good examples. I find a lot of the token set that are sold, don't show much for fear of people copying, but one or two examples of the quality always helps in sales.

My advice is though work on a particular area, whether is it s the tavern set, or the dwarf underground set. Too many people give you a set that you need to combine with others works and graphicswise they never match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem
    I prefer the top down tokens myself, I have gathered as much free tokens as I have found on the net, but there is a large number of gaps missing.
    If you like top down tokens, check this out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16993

If you hadn't already.

Sorry to hijack your thread Shockbolt...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I do have his current free sets, quality is about a 7 out of 10. Yet to see any of the kick starter set out there yet. From what i seen of shockbolt quality I am looking forward to seeing what you make.

This new tileset with creatures, npcs, objects, players etc will be top-down, as the battlemap terrain tiles are also painted top down.

The tiles seen against the blue background are tiles that were made for Angband the roguelike pc/mac game that mimics 3D using all 2D graphics, 2.5D if you like. I did count them once but I can't remember now how many they are, perhaps 2-3000 of them all in all. I'll pull out a bunch of them, similar to the ones seen in the preview against the blue background, and create a free tokenset, for those who'd like to use them with FG2 in any setting.

As for quality, I don't want to sell something I'm not happy with myself, so keep an eye out for the previews coming this week

Found one of the concept images for Angband, where you see the 2.5D tiles. However, the current Angband version has not implemented the 2.5D walls yet, but use all of the objects and npcs in my tileset.

Last edited by Shockbolt; August 6th, 2012 at 09:13.

As for quality, I don't want to sell something I'm not happy with myself, so keep an eye out for the previews coming this week
    Oh, I have no doubts on the quality!!!

For FG, I too would prefer top down PC/NPC tokens - but only if you were able to rotate them within FG to show which way they're supposed to be facing. Is that possible in FG at the moment?

Otherwise, a front on representation would be preference as you'll not get confused on the map which way people are facing. Having your back towards a creature can be quite unsettling. :P

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by craggles
    For FG, I too would prefer top down PC/NPC tokens - but only if you were able to rotate them within FG to show which way they're supposed to be facing. Is that possible in FG at the moment?
    Yes it is - hover your mouse over the token and use the scroll-wheel to rotate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information