5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... Last

Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kits

Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kits are a series of art kits intended for use with roleplaying games, for Game Masters and players looking to create maps for their campaigns, for private/non-commercial use.

Developers/Creators of commercial projects may make use the art found within the art kits, when acquiring a non-exclusive license to use the art kits for their projects.

The GMC Fantasy art kits contain nothing but artwork, no software to use the art kits and images come with a purchase of any or all of them. Suggested softwares are Photoshop, Gimp, Tiled or any other software that handles images with transparency(PNG) and working with several layers.

The images found in the art kits can also be imported into for example Fantasy grounds, for use with your campaigns there.

Visit www.rpgartkits.com for more info about the art kits, planned art kits and the art kit contents.

Original 1st post:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I won't try and hide either my love for fantasy/rpg games, or the fact that I was inspired to do a similar token/tileset project as one or more other people in this forum are doing.

Last night, the RM UI graphics that I started painting last week, was finished. Finished, with the need to tweak some parts here and there. So as I sat there twindling my thumbs, avoiding my other paid projects, I started painting some bricks. Bricks turned into tileable floor, and a wall and so on. So I guess I've already started.

This project will prob be more time consuming than the RM UI project was, and I won't try and cover up my intention to maybe earn some money from these tiles in the end. But don't worry, they won't cost you an arm and a leg...I hope..

Being a digital artist / game designer & developer, fundraisers are not something that's unknown to me. If possible, I will try to at least cover my time spent doing the tileset via fundraisers, and then sell the tileset cheaply for personal or project use when it's finished. At least that is the initial plan..

Planned tiles:
    -terrain
    -vegetation
    -bodyparts, ruined items, bones, skulls etc
    -objects such as barrels, chairs, banners, debris etc
    -items such as weaponry, armor, shields etc
    -chests, bags and whatnot
    -player tiles: elves, humans, dwarves, halflings etc (and they would also be used for enemies/npcs)
    -creatures & monsters tiles ranging from the oh so popular rat to dragons or larger beasts (yikes)
    -walls, doors, gateways, stairs, trapdoors, traps, runes etc
    - bloodstains, waterpuddles, dust, cobwebs etc
    - possibly custom ordered tiles, we'll have to see how it goes.

I'll post a few previews under here, from the very basic (and I mean basic) tiles that I started painting last night. These have little details added to them yet and are seen here in under less than half the size they were originally painted in.

Example of items that can be pasted into the tileset:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/D...ileset_002.jpg

Rapidly put together dungeon portion example, dust, sand and moss were sprayed over in the end as a means to avoid the repetetive feel of the undetailed basic floor tile:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/D...ileset_001.jpg
    Last edited by Shockbolt; April 20th, 2015 at 15:43.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

Looking good Raymond!

An ideal product for all GMs out there! (and for people who appreciate great art)

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by craggles
    Looking good Raymond!

An ideal product for all GMs out there! (and for people who appreciate great art)
    Thanks craggles! I guess the next preview post will contain a few monster/creature tiles, maybe today, at least sometime this week.

I love your tiles (especially the samples you had displayed in the UIskin you are developing). I will support you what ever way I can.

If you are a fan of rolemaster, it would be nice if you came up with tile/tokens specific to the common monsters listed in C&T. That would go down a treat!
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    I love your tiles (especially the samples you had displayed in the UIskin you are developing). I will support you what ever way I can.

If you are a fan of rolemaster, it would be nice if you came up with tile/tokens specific to the common monsters listed in C&T. That would go down a treat!
    Rolemaster/MERP fan since the 80s, both as a player and GM

Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt
    Rolemaster/MERP fan since the 80s, both as a player and GM
    Ditto! I still mourn the day ICE lost the license to Middle-Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Ditto! I still mourn the day ICE lost the license to Middle-Earth...
    Yes...MERP was never the same after that..

Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt
    Yes...MERP was never the same after that..
    Looking back at the Middle-Earth modules they published then, I could just imagine quality they would be publishing today with all the improvements in graphics and layout tools...

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Looking back at the Middle-Earth modules they published then, I could just imagine quality they would be publishing today with all the improvements in graphics and layout tools...
    Still wouldn't be the same without the art of Angus McBride...may he rest in peace.

@ bennis1980: These are a few other samples out of the same tileset as the ones seen in the UI previews, originally they were painted for use with Angband:

Thread Information