DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

You are correct, I was in error. I was confused because one of players asked "what's this rnd button?" I verified that it is the way you said it is, by opening up a player instance. I like the way they can see the weather result. Please don't change it.

Curiosity, what ruleset are you using this for.

GURPS ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Would this extension (an update or mod of it) be the way to go for creating random encounters?

I'm not too far into learning FG yet, but that's one thing I haven't see or heard mention of. How would one go about not only creating random encvounter tables (I happen to be doing 5E) but to them be able to add those results into a combat tracker/map/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Would this extension (an update or mod of it) be the way to go for creating random encounters?

I'm not too far into learning FG yet, but that's one thing I haven't see or heard mention of. How would one go about not only creating random encvounter tables (I happen to be doing 5E) but to them be able to add those results into a combat tracker/map/etc.
    The usual way (perhaps not the only way) to do it is to use the FG tables functionality for the random encounter tables themselves, then link in FG encounters with NPCs and tokens already assigned to each relevant entry in the table. The only gotcha with this is that any random number of creatures encountered either needs to be rolled manually (and the number of creatures in the encounter changed - which is pretty quick), or some people have gone to great lengths to have secondary linked tables that contain all of the encounter possibilities - for example, if there were 1d6 bandits, the secondary table would have an encounter entry for 1 bandit, 2 bandits, ... 6 bandits. But this is a huge amount of work for anything other than simple tables.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There is a section on random animal encounters, but the extension does not populate into the encounter or combat screen. This area has been vary uncomplete in this area. But trenloe way is better, but does require a bit of work. Because make your own table functionality was included, I have not really progressed with this Random Extension, other then add some extra names options.

Blog Entries
    Trenloe & Ardem, thanks for the info.

I'm not sure if it was ever corrected, but the Random Treasure Generator for DND still doesn't produce any results. If it was corrected since my last post in the thread, it may be a conflict with Fantasy Grounds 3.1.2
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Fun extension, but as an FYI it seems to have some issues with the Savage Worlds ruleset. Particularly I was trying it conjunction with the NPC Maker extension and when trying to copy in a new NPC I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "npcs/parser_statblock.lua"]:313: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
    I was getting a similar error even without the NPC Maker extension, though, whenever simply creating an NPC and modifying the Damage role. I'm guessing there is something about the way Savage Worlds uses that "pairs" function to parse through attributes that is causing the problem, if that means anything.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Fun extension, but as an FYI it seems to have some issues with the Savage Worlds ruleset. Particularly I was trying it conjunction with the NPC Maker extension and when trying to copy in a new NPC I get the following error:

I was getting a similar error even without the NPC Maker extension, though, whenever simply creating an NPC and modifying the Damage role. I'm guessing there is something about the way Savage Worlds uses that "pairs" function to parse through attributes that is causing the problem, if that means anything.
    This extension is conflicting badly with Savage Worlds ruleset. However it can be fixed by using unique script and template names. Biggest issues are with Global named script and Dropdown templates, if those are named differently this extension would be SW compatible
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information