STAR TREK 2d20
Page 28 of 40 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Didn't seem a silly idea to suggest it.
    No one thought it was. It's just that we're not looking to change the community TeamSpeak server at present.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying replace Teamspeak for important events where it's proven to be ideal, but running a Discord server in conjunction. The benefits I mention are still not met by Teamspeak, such as a live LFG channel with a chat that stays present for when people log on/off at different times, allowing good organisation amongst groups and people trying to find games. Aswell as these persistant text boxes for GMs and players. *shrug* Just a suggestion. It's proven a success for other VTTs and other communities that have embraced it. Didn't seem a silly idea to suggest it.
    Somebody has already setup a Discord channel. I'm sure if you search the forums you'l find the post. I'm not sure where though :0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Lost again -

A couple of weeks ago a very nice young man named John - helped me set up my computer to have a TS3 server (his words). I went to test it tonight to be sure I was ready for my game tomorrow night and per my usual luck all I get are errors. I have no clue as to how it worked in the first place, why it stopped working, or what to do to get it, or something else to work. I am hoping the FG Divinities can help me out again.

Thanks for all you do - to make all this possible - I can't even begin to understand the scope of it all;
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kitilark View Post
    A couple of weeks ago a very nice young man named John - helped me set up my computer to have a TS3 server (his words). I went to test it tonight to be sure I was ready for my game tomorrow night and per my usual luck all I get are errors. I have no clue as to how it worked in the first place, why it stopped working, or what to do to get it, or something else to work. I am hoping the FG Divinities can help me out again.
    I'm guessing that John installed a TeamSpeak3 client and that you want to connect to the Fantasy Grounds community TS3 server (just like you did for FG Con)? You're more than welcome to use the FG Community TeamSpeak server to run your own games.

Instructions on how to connect to the community TS3 server are here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

LOL well I am really lost then - I have no problems joining someone's game what I do not know how to do is create one. The game I want to run is not listed so I can't join it as the instructions instruct.
    "Finding Your Game
    Your game channel will normally be available about 15mins before the game is scheduled to start (sometimes your GM may be late as he/she may be finishing up an earlier session). Go to The Games Channel and double click your game name. . . . "

Sorry about this being last minute - I really thought this part of the process was behind me and I have been focusing on getting the World created.
    Kitty

Right click on the appropriate group, then select "Create".

Blog Entries
    Jump on the server - find your ruleset, right click and create your own semi-permanent channel. Try and place it in alphabetical order or close to it.

OK, I think I see the disconnect here. There is no link between Fantasy Grounds and TeamSpeak, the instructions for finding the game channel are for players joining a channel that the GM has already created in TeamSpeak.

Assuming you are going to be the GM, you will need to create a new sub-channel for your game within the FG community TeamSpeak server.

Connect to TeamSpeak as you would if you are looking for a game. Scroll down to the game channel and find a category that best matches your game. Right-click on that category and select "create sub-channel". Enter the name you want to give the channel and select channel type of "semi permanent" then press OK. Your game channel has been created.

Right - Click that was probably the only thing I didn't try last night - Thanks Guys you ALL are the Greatest!
    Kitty

after updating teamspeak I cannot connect to the server.

Thread Information