STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... Last

Voicechat! Community TeamSpeak3 Server

With the success of the FGCon and the commercial TeamSpeak3 server we used, many attendees liked the idea of a permanent FG community server. Dakadin initially hosted a TS server at his work, then Mellock very kindly provided two server which he paid for himself. Thanks Mellock and Dakadin.

Now, damned is hosting a 450 user TeamSpeak3 server. Thanks damned!

Details

Description: 450 Player Teamspeak 3
    Hostname: ts.fg-con.com
    Server Password Dungeoneers

This serverd is pretty reliable so we recommend using this.

Teampseak3 client download

Please download the client from the following website:

https://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

There are clients available for 32- and 64-bit Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPod, iPad), Android (beta client) and FreeBSD.

Once this is installated you will need to run through the setup wizard to tune your computer, headset and microphone. Please do this well before you join a game!

All GMs and players - please use a headset with built in mic! Please avoid using separate speakers and microphone - using these *will* result in feedback for your other gamers which will be very annoying and will slow the game down! Headsets with built-in microphones are available very cheaply, so please do yourself and your fellow gamers a favour and use one! Thanks very much.

Connecting
    • Start the TeamSpeak3 client.
    • Click Connections -> Connect.
    • Enter "Server Address" as: ts.fg-con.com
    • Nickname is the name you wish others to see in the game list - it's easiest if you use your Fantasy Grounds user name so that people can identify you.
    • Server password is Dungeoneers

Once into the server, there are areas setup for general chat and specific games. Please don't enter an area that is for a game you are not playing!

There is basic text chat functionality in a channel (handy for sending FG server aliases and links) - this is accessed at the bottom of the TeamSpeak3 client.

Problems resolving ts.fg-con.com to an IP address

Occasionally TeamSpeak may report a problem resolving the IP address for ts.fg-con.com. In cases like this, use the IP address temporarily: 199.204.184.179 We recommend you switch back to the server name later, just in case there is a need for the resolved IP address to change in the back end.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 24th, 2017 at 06:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    i had a situation last night where someone called *fatality* joined my channel and just spammed us with a short sound take (lots of screaming and stuff) over and over. i kicked him and he came back stright away so i passworded channel and kicked him again.
    if others are experiencing this he may need some more permanent blocking

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    i had a situation last night where someone called *fatality* joined my channel and just spammed us with a short sound take (lots of screaming and stuff) over and over. i kicked him and he came back stright away so i passworded channel and kicked him again.
    if others are experiencing this he may need some more permanent blocking
    We had someone do that the other day too. The best way is to kick them and then do as you did damned or limit the number of connections to the channel. The user you mention connected 5 times in a 7 minute period - all using different identifiers, so it would be hard to block them permanently. This person obviously knows how to get around blocking... He even used 2 different IP addresses!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I increased the logging on the server. If someone is being difficult please send me a PM with details about the situation. I will do my best to handle the situation so we don't have people disrupting games.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    it was only the first time it has happened to me so i thought i would check if others also experienced this... i will collect further info if he re-appears on my watch

Blog Entries
    I've had this happen once as well.. it was a couple weeks ago though.. I'm not sure if it is a related incident or not... it was strange and I used the technique Trenloe mentioned above to block the user so it was no big deal.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I made a couple changes to the server which will hopefully keep this from happening as much in the future. Please send me a PM if you encounter anything and I will do what I can to resolve the issue.

Server has dropped twice during today's game (latest time was just now).

Do we know if it was down for maintenance, or unplanned outage ? We're switching to Skype / Mumble for the rest of the game, I suspect, but good to know what might be causing this / if it might be happening again next week !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Sorry about that. There is an issue with the SAN so it is responding slowly right now. I will be work on it tonight to resolve the problem.

No worries - an acknowledged problem is much less worrying than a "no idea what happened there" problem. And thanks for the effort to fix up this awesome community resource - it's a real treasure.

Skype was very well behaved in the end, so a good session was still had by all
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information