DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

L5R Theme/Ruleset Extension (D20 edition)

Hi,

I'm doing a theme/ruleset extension for Legend of the Five Rings, but using D20/PF rule. I play the setting, but not the rule and it would be a total loss of time to do the real thing because SmiteWork got the license to do the ruleset of L5R. So, here I am doing the 3.5/PF one. I contacted AEG customer service and they say that the use of images from L5R is permitted on non profit project, so I will certaintly be able to share it after.

I'm planning to redo all the graphic to a more oriental style and to add in the charsheet info about honor, taint, clan, etc. So, it's a updated version of the ruleset via extension for the one playing it in this way.

Here my first try, going slowly (and thanks for everyone helping me with my questions !). Just updated to 2.9.1, so more work to come snif. Surely a calendar coming too.
    Last edited by Roncorps; July 30th, 2012 at 23:26.

Blog Entries
    Looking nice Roncorps, keep up the good work.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Good job! It looks very nice.

I love the chat box with the Tori Gate
    Nice work
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thanks all !

@Blue Haven : Thanks That chatbox gotten me tinkering a lot in FG files ! But it was a good thing, but I wanted that the top of the tori gate to be larger and I don't know right now how to do it, but maybe it's good enough like that, because I can't take all the space just for a chatbox !

Now, I'm working on the character selection/modifiers/CT/effect/etc. frame. Right now in FG, there like 4 different design. I'm planning to keep only one for uniformity (and japanese are like that, harmony and uniformity). I'm doing like the chat box, redwood corner with a transparent "rice panel" style at the center.

Something that bothering me, but I keep for later, is what will I do with the sidebar icons. I think maybe ofuda or japanese wall scroll. I'm planning to add a design of a tsuba somewhere, maybe a transparent one like the bamboo on the background of the NPC/Item/Image/etc. frame.

This is fantastic! While I would prefer to play L5R with its traditional rule set, this is a good step forward for those of us looking to use FG to play L5R.

You could use Clan Mons for the sidebar buttons perhaps.

While I would prefer to play L5R with its traditional rule set
    SmiteWorks aka FG got the license for doing a traditional (4th) ruleset for L5R, so that's why I'm going into the 3.5/D20 edition of L5R.

You could use Clan Mons for the sidebar buttons perhaps.
    Yes, I was thinking the same. Clan or the 5 elements (library would be a book and token something else).

That's a better idea, the icons for the rings. Perhaps you could use a Go board or a Japanese puzzle box of the token box.

I had read that Smiteworks was going to be doing the 4th Edition L5R ruleset but I've seen or heard nothing new about its development so sort of stopped hoping. Fingers are still crossed.

I had read that Smiteworks was going to be doing the 4th Edition L5R ruleset but I've seen or heard nothing new about its development so sort of stopped hoping. Fingers are still crossed.
    I've read in march (? around that time) that it was going slowly, but they were working on it.

Perhaps you could use a Go board or a Japanese puzzle box of the token box.
    Good idea, maybe Shogi too. And I could do the token too, so that way players could play it into FG ... hmmm .... and could release it as a module for anyone. Maybe do a Go board too, no that hard.
    Last edited by Roncorps; August 2nd, 2012 at 22:19.

New version, with added icons and frame. The 5 elements rings for the sidebar change color when click.

I'm working on more icons and frame. Have to do the Story--> Note frame. The top sidebar buttons too. A lot more too.

Also, I got everything to build a Shogi and Go game. I will probably release them as a separate module too, to be played with any ruleset.
    Last edited by Roncorps; August 7th, 2012 at 00:51.

Thread Information