DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrenSatov
    Done.

Am I going to have to spend hours rebuilding my character from scratch every time anything changes? Unlicensed won't load a character, not even one I built myself locally. If it bothered to save my demo campaign (I can't tell if it did) it certainly didn't let me reload it later.

If this is all that the unlicensed version can do I probably won't be updating again until I can afford to buy a license, which at present rate will be well after the end of the world.
    You cant save your demo campaign with the unlicensed.
    The price might be steep for you in your present circumstances but it really is a great product. If you dont have the time and patience to work thru the other options available then you probably need to work out how to make the purchase. If buying with friends you can buy in one bundle and get a discount which can make a bit of a difference.

Player list

Current player list is (* means I've received your character - although I haven't loaded it yet):

1) OrenSatov - Alchemist 3* (received L2 character)
    2) Mgrancey - Magus (spell dancer) 1
    3) Macgreine - Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1* or Rogue 1
    4) Gwaihir Scout - Oracle 3* or Rogue 3 or Sorcerer 2
    5) avro5731 - Fighter 3* or Inquisitor 2*
    6) Mazz0382 - Level 1

Waitling list (in order)
    1) Manium
    2) ragnaroc1011
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Subtier?

From the levels of the characters (see post #2) this looks like we will be playing at subtier 3-4. Having 6 players adds 1 to the average party level (APL).

We have 3 1st level characters - I'm thinking that they may struggle playing subtier 3-4 and not enjoy the game (or come to an untimely end).

Are the level 1's happy with playing subtier 3-4?

If not, an option would be for Oren to create a level 1 character (I know you've mentioned this possibility Oren) and Gwaihir and Avro to play their level 2 characters - this would just squeeze the APL into subtier 1-2.

What are people's thought? I know this means a few of you won't be playing your preferred characters...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd like to get out of subtier 1-2 someday, is what I'd like.

No, I don't mind playing my sorc. He'd level up.
    Last edited by Gwaihir Scout; July 29th, 2012 at 06:31.

I have a few lvl 1's laying around if need be

Sorry for taking so long to post my character. Just finished creating it today. This is my first PFS character and took me forever to get threw the rules. I made a lvl 1 roleplay Wizard (meaning that he's only ok in combat, but is useful for things like crafting and the such). I also added a token for him incase you either didn't have one or you like players supplying them. Thanks
    Last edited by Mazz0382; July 29th, 2012 at 19:54.

Hi Mazz, welcome to PFS. Unfortunately, crafting is not allowed in organized play, in order to keep character wealth relatively similar. Wizards don't even get Scribe Scroll, replacing it with Spell Focus.

Here's a link to the guide that explains the rule changes when playing PFS: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4

Uhhggghhh...missed a lot of rules i guess...have to go back and reread.

You shouldn't have to change too much. I took a look, and you're pretty well set up already. You'll have to make sure you've paid full price for the scrolls you've got (you start with 150 GP). Switch out Scribe Scroll for the Spell Focus of your choice. You can keep your craft or your profession skill and use it as a day job for some extra cash in between scenarios, but I wouldn't take both unless you really wanted to do so.

You also get two traits, from the attached guide or another legal source:

You'll need a faction. There's a brief guide to them in the link in my last post. Looks like your best match is Osirion, but it's your choice.

The full list of stuff for you as a PFS player is here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources
    Last edited by Gwaihir Scout; July 29th, 2012 at 20:20.

Thanks so much. All that info really helped me make the changes so much faster than on my own. Those scroll would be ones I would've made myself useing scribe scroll. Now they're gone since I wouldn't want to waist money on those scrolls atm. I think he should be done now and have reattached the new xml. Also, the token was coming up as a pic not a token so I'm not going to post it.
    Last edited by Mazz0382; July 29th, 2012 at 22:57.

Thread Information