DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Ideas and Suggestions.

Talen ran an M&M game for us last night as part of the FGCon. It was great to get a sampling of this ruleset to see how it worked. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for comments and issues about the ruleset in general.
    First off, the game was a lot of fun to play and seemed generally easy to use from the player side.
    The handbook access issue was frustrating from the players. Not so much because access to the book was restricted but because a player cannot open the advantages, powers, and whatnots on their sheets if they are dragged from the handbook. A solution might be to create a clone of the information as part of the character like it does with some of the parts (particularly weapons and items) when brought into the 3.5 character sheets... basically copying the information rather than creating a link to the book. I solved this for myself during the game by visiting the d20herosrd site and copying the info into new items on the sheet.
    The other thing I thought of was related to targeting. If this game really is intended to be largely cinematic and run without maps, then it might be a good idea for players to be able to target on the tracker directly. Something as simple as clicking on the character in the tracker you want to target much like the way you do on a map. This seems like a reasonable idea for any ruleset really... to highlight the character and have it pop up the name of your targets beneath your line in the tracker (like it does on the GM side) seems cool.
    We ran into a couple of other minor issues, hopefully one of the guys who took note of them will post them up as well.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    The handbook access issue was frustrating from the players. Not so much because access to the book was restricted but because a player cannot open the advantages, powers, and whatnots on their sheets if they are dragged from the handbook. A solution might be to create a clone of the information as part of the character like it does with some of the parts (particularly weapons and items) when brought into the 3.5 character sheets... basically copying the information rather than creating a link to the book. I solved this for myself during the game by visiting the d20herosrd site and copying the info into new items on the sheet.
    Doug's post from last week:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&postcount=24

This suggests it should have been solved by an update last week?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    It may well have been, but we didn't see it in the game last night unfortunately.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Doug's post from last week:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&postcount=24

This suggests it should have been solved by an update last week?
    It wasn't. There was an update but it did not affect access to the handbook. I'm running a game right now and my players are unable to access it.

If you are up to some ruleset editing?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16985
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I lack the skills to edit rulesets. Besides, I was told that this was going to be in a future update so I figured that it would have been implemented by now.

Has this been implemented yet? It doesn't seem to be from a recent game.

Thread Information