5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Which version of FG2 will FGcon run on?

I currently have version 2.91 (using the developer updater)

Here's my quick question. Will Fantasy Grounds work regardless of the version, should we all have a particular version number or will it be GM specific?
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Blog Entries
    everyone has to have the same version - games dont connect otherwise. there is only ever one official version and often there is a beta but i think this is only run in test mode. you *should* run in 2.9 or there will be all sorts of hassles getting started...
    (of course i could be wrong about this...)

No, it won't work for players who have different version number than GM. If you try to connect to game which is run with different FGII version number you will get connection error related to that.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I would presume the latest live version (2.9). That's the one that the Unregistered folks will be using due to the installer on the downloads page.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Ok, looks like I'll have to back track
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

As mentioned above, there could be issues with different versions trying to connect.

Please make sure you are all on the current live release V2.9.0 for the con - this might be 2.9.1 if Moon_Wizard pushes a live update Wednesday/Thursday so please keep an eye on the threads for a new update and apply this before you start/join your game.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd not push a release put this week. If a new update goes put, the instaaler on the website needs updating for the unregistered people. If they've already installed FG2 it could put them off to have to reinstall so soon.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    I'd not push a release put this week. If a new update goes put, the instaaler on the website needs updating for the unregistered people. If they've already installed FG2 it could put them off to have to reinstall so soon.
    Yeah, I've posted on the laboratory 2.9.1 thread mentioning my nervousness regarding the update and FGCon.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Some thoughts:

* v2.9.1 is primarily a bunch of minor bug fixes.
    * v2.9 clients can connect to v2.9.1 host.
    * The ruleset files from the host always override the client for the specific campaign.

That said, I have no problem waiting until after this weekend to update. I'll just move the update to Monday.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Some thoughts:

* v2.9.1 is primarily a bunch of minor bug fixes.
    * v2.9 clients can connect to v2.9.1 host.
    * The ruleset files from the host always override the client for the specific campaign.

That said, I have no problem waiting until after this weekend to update. I'll just move the update to Monday.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Thanks very much MW - I really appreciate the slight delay in release. To those not participating in the FGCon this weekend - sorry for causing the delay!

Thread Information