FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: MM on Mac

MM on Mac

Unfortunately, this ruleset seems not to install properly on a Mac with Crossover... which every other ruleset I've tried does.

I run the installer as normal, but the ruleset never even shows up. Not sure quite where it is vanishing to yet.

Blog Entries
    I use WineBottler and it installed successfully for me on Mac. I'm not that familiar with CrossOver, but does it use the idea of bottles as well? For WineBottler, I install everything to the same shared environment. I'm wondering if this is your problem and you are installing to a separate bottle or game environment.

Yeah thanks. It *does* use bottles, and I normally have no problems installing my wide range of stuff into the same environment. Following my routine process, MM does not show up like all the others.

Incidentally, I double-checked, re-ran the installer ("Successfully")... and it doesn't appear along with all my other rulesets. Nor is it inserting itself into my data folder structure anywhere. I think this installer may be using a different technique for finding its folders than previous installers?

... and, why oh why isn't Fantasy Grounds a Mac compatible Java app?

Blog Entries
    It is a PAK file, so it is installed in the C:\Program Files folder. You can double check your path in your Fantasy Grounds Settings. I built the installer using the same install script builder as most of the products we've released over the last 2 years.

I'm not personally a fan of Java or on compatibility of java applications -- specifically on PC. I expect what is intuitive depends a lot on what people learned and used originally. Aside from that, though, it would have required a rewrite of thousands and thousands of lines of code to a completely different core language. We would have still be in the midst of that re-write instead of releasing the latest few versions and upgrades we've been able to release in the meantime.

As for the location of the files, I have a shared bottle located here: /Users/dougdavison/.wine
    and when I run the installer for M&M, it places the pak file here:
    /Users/dougdavison/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II
    file: Mutants and Masterminds 3rd.pak

When you launch FG, you should also check the location of the program folder in your settings and then make sure the pak file is place there. See the attached image.

Thanks Doug. I have got it installed now...I believe the crossover install process was the issue.

I bought M&M just to see a recent ruleset. So far, it looks pretty sweet. I wish Crossover and Wine weren't part of the experience.

Blog Entries
    Glad it got sorted out. I'm steadily getting more familiar with Mac, but I still find that I have too Google a fair amount of stuff. Thankfully, I'm fairly familiar with Linux and that helps.

Thread Information