FG Spreadshirt Swag

Removing Backgrounds for Tokens

I am attempting to make token picture for the M&M ruleset similar to the full body pictures for the archtypes. Is there a simple and free way to excise the backgrounds and just have the body show?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    I am attempting to make token picture for the M&M ruleset similar to the full body pictures for the archtypes. Is there a simple and free way to excise the backgrounds and just have the body show?
    Get Paint.net

Use the magic Wand to select then delete the backround of your token

Thanks for the heads up....It looks like Ill need to review some tutorials for the wand - it's taking out too much even when adjusting for the tolerance.

Yeah sometimes you have to remove what you can with the wand the go back with the eraser to get all the little fiddly bits

One tip I got from an artist is that its sometimes easier to select the thing you want and then inverse select to get rid of the other. This often works well with the wand.

Blog Entries
    ... or make your selection using a colour range useful if the background is dithered.

Or for another technique. Copy the layer, adjust white/black levels on the new layer (so there is stark contrast between the object you want and the undesired background). Now make your selection. Switch to the original layer, hit delete.
    Last edited by Zeus; July 13th, 2012 at 18:48.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information