Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

GMs: Hosting a game.

Due to not being able to get a fully fledged wesbite up and running in time for the convention we will be using the Fantasy Grounds calendar with a couple of modifications. After the convention these entries will be removed.

*** Update *** Smiteworks will give GMs who run at least one session with 4 or more players store credit to assist in their running games for the con - see this thread for details: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16888

The main thing to note is that your game (campaign) name must start with _FGCon_2012 so that the calendar can sort the entries properly. Please make sure your timezone is set correctly - this is available in your profile -> Edit Options -> Date & Time Options. This will help others know when you will run the game.

To post a game:
    1. Go to the Gamecalendar (link on the top of pages on the Fantasy Grounds website).
    2. Select "Create new campaign" (at the top right of the campaign list).
    3. Campaign name: Please keep to the following format:

_FGCon_2012 <day> <time> <name>

For example: _FGCon_2012 Friday 8pm GMT - The Convention kickoff game!

Note: Please post the game time in GMT (remember that GMT does not use daylight savings, so New York (for example) is currently GMT -4). Using GMT across all games will help to order them in the Gamecalendar in order of the games starting. Thanks!
    4. Number of players - the minimum and maximum number of players you will run the game for.
    5. Description - a brief description of your game. Include the Fantasy Grounds license you have, language and voice/text communication. This is the main information players can see before they register for the game, so please try to include:

Session Day and Time and time zone: e.g. Friday 20th July 6pm EDT (US Eastern Daylight Time)
      GMT Offset: e.g. -4
      Duration: e.g. 4 hours.
      Language: e.g. English.
      Fantasy Grounds license: Ultimate or Full.
      Ruleset: Standard e.g. 3.5E/PFRPG
      Chat type: Voice (Teamspeak) or Text
      Characters provided: Yes/No - provided details if characters are not provided.
    6. Genre - the type of game you will run. e.g. Fantasy, horror, Sci-Fi, pulp, etc..
    7. Ruleset - which Fantasy Grounds ruleset you will use.
    8. Setting - information relating to the setting of the game you will run.
    9. Starting level (if appropriate).
    10. Server address and password - these are the connection details for your Fantasy Grounds game - you can provide these closer to the time of the game.
    11. Press "submit"
    12. In your new "campaign", enter the time of your game under "scheduled play times" - enter day and month as numerical values - day = 20, 21 or 22 (Friday, Saturday or Sunday for the convention), month = 7 (July). Time is in 24 hour format. Click the arrow icon to create an entry under the scheduled play times.

When your game fills up with players, please don't remove it from the list by un-checking the "Accept Players" option. Just don't accept the additional players in the players list and keep a waitlist of those who can join if you have drop-outs.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 11th, 2012 at 17:34.

Blog Entries
    This topic has been stickied.

First FM session posted - thanks Doswelk!

And the prize for posting the first GM session (other than my initial post) goes to Doswelk - perfectly posted by the way, thanks!

Ooh what do I win
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    Ooh what do I win
    I was wondering if you'd ask...

My eternal thanks! A big smile.

Oh, and you've probably received something from Doug too...

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    Ooh what do I win
    The permanent title of "First to post a game for FG Con!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    The permanent title of "First to post a game for FG Con!"
    Absolutely! Put it in your sig...

That Guy!

Jumping in the water with the first super hero game! I've been gone for awhile and work is still kicking my butt, but I can make time to finally try out the M&M game and new Fantasy Grounds ruleset for M&M3e!

The details are posted in the calendar for anyone who is interested in potentially making the purchase of the shiny new ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    Jumping in the water with the first super hero game! I've been gone for awhile and work is still kicking my butt, but I can make time to finally try out the M&M game and new Fantasy Grounds ruleset for M&M3e!

The details are posted in the calendar for anyone who is interested in potentially making the purchase of the shiny new ruleset.
    Hey Talen, great to see you - and thanks for running a game at the con. You're our 10th session - double figures, woo!

Thread Information