5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

*** Teamspeak 3 Server *** Convention voice details

We now have our voice server for the FGCon - a commercial 100 player Teamspeak 3 server - provided by gamespeak.com.

Details

Description: 100 Player Teamspeak 3 [ts22.gamespeak.com:9284]
    Hostname: ts22.gamespeak.com
    Server Port: 9284

Teampseak3 client download

Please download the client from the following website:

https://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

There are clients available for 32- and 64-bit Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPod, iPad), Android (beta client) and FreeBSD.

Once this is installated you will need to run through the setup wizard to tune your computer, headset and microphone. Please do this well before the game!

All GMs and players - please use a headset with built in mic! Please avoid using separate speakers and microphone - using these *will* result in feedback for your other gamers which will be very annoying and will slow the game down! Headsets with built-in microphones are available very cheaply, so please do yourself and your fellow gamers a favour and use one! Thanks very much.

Connecting
    • Click Connections -> Connect.
    • Enter "Server Address" as: ts22.gamespeak.com:9284
    • Nickname is the name you wish others to see in the game list.
    • Server password is blank.

Once into the server, we will have areas setup for general chat, Q&A and specific games. Please don't enter an area that is for a game you are not playing - as you will be asked to leave and if you don't you will be booted off the server and perhaps not allowed to connect again! Don't let this concern you - if you genuinely make a mistake and enter the wrong area, just appologise and leave. It will just be persistent impolite offenders that will be booted!
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 12th, 2012 at 00:29.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, which server is it?

ts22.gamespeak.com:9284

or

austs1.gamespeak.com:9284

?

I can connect to the ts22 one, not not to the austs1 server.

Sorry, it's the ts22 server - I've updated the instructions above. I was given one in Australia originally, but I moved it to the US East Coast.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just trying to help out with as little as I can around here. Total FG newb. LOL.

Do you recommend push-to-talk or voice activation detection?
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

That's also a very good question. I'm a fan of voice activation myself, just to speed things up a bit. Clarification please?

And is it just me or is it a bit empty (should I be seeing different rooms already)?

EDIT: not as good a question - I just realised that channels can be created as needed
    Last edited by bennis1980; July 14th, 2012 at 02:24.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Do you recommend push-to-talk or voice activation detection?
    IF you have a good headset/mic and tune teamspeak properly then voice activation is the best method.

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    And is it just me or is it a bit empty (should I be seeing different rooms already)?

EDIT: not as good a question - I just realised that channels can be created as needed
    Yeah, I haven't created them all yet.

Blog Entries
    Is this a server that will be available longer term or just for the Con? It might be nice to have something the community can use if the cost isn't too prohibitive (I'd be willing to contribute something).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information